Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Echo Announcements on Show

Is there any trick in keeping the announcement displayed on the Show screen for a few minutes. It seems like it’s only displayed for a few seconds and then it goes back to the screen it was on.

Echo_LivingRoom_Announcement.sendCommand('The Main Floor Roomba BIN is Full.')
				Thread::sleep(2000) 	// 2 second wait

Best, Jay

From my site, I can not answer this question, because I do not own such I device.

But maybe you can make a test by creating an alexa routine in the alexa app which sent an announcement. Is this longer shown?

And the other possibility would be in the communication section of the alexa app. There exist a possibility for an announcement, unfortunately only as broadcast to all owned Alexas.

It would be interesting to get your test results.

I’m not convinced the announcement piece is working with binding. I just sent an announcement from the Alexa App and it showed on the screen for about 30 seconds and actually said the announcement out loud.

I have announcement lines right after all my TTS lines and I’m NOT hearing the message twice nor am I catching it on the screen (I assumed it was being displayed at least).

Below are the pictures of the event via the App and a picture of OH Basic UI for the announcement channel afterwards (not sure if it retains what the announcement channel just did or not)?

Best, Jay

A routine to stop an alarm? How does that work? :face_with_monocle:

No one that i know :frowning:

Hi,
I am unable to get the binding too logon. I believe this is because the Openhab.log file shows the failure as:-
2019-07-30 21:25:23.433 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Login failed: POST url ‘https://www.amazon.co.uk/ap/signin’ failed: Not Found

but if I try connecting to the url with a browser I get the error message:-

Looking for Something?

We’re sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

Am I doing something wrong?

Mike

Hi Mike,
which version are you using? The 2.4 one? If so, you should update to the beta version which can be downloaded from the top most posting of this thread. The 2.4 version is broken because amazon had changed the api.
Best,
Michael

The announcement channel should display the message without any spoken text. Maybe the combination with the TTS channel causes that it will not be show. Please try to used it without TTS or try to change the lines, first announcement and then TTS. Then the message should be show for the same time as from the alexa app.
If you want to use announcement with spoken text, you can use the TTS channel as workaround by using enclosing with speak xml nodes. e.g.

`<speak>Your text</speak>`

This will speak the text AND show the announcement. But this is only a workaround, I will advance the expert mode of the announcement to let speak and show the message in one of the next versions.

This is currently not possible. I will implement this feature sometime in the fall.

1 Like

This would be awesome. I am available if you need testing or whatsoever.

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry should have said I am using 2.5 RC1

[root@centos addons]# ls
amazonechocontrol_2.5.0.RC_1.jar README unifi.jar
[root@centos addons]#

Best regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,
For me this still look like a version problem. Are you sure that the correct version of the binding is loaded? You could check this by opening

http://<youropenhab>:<yourport>/amazonechocontrol

You should see now the beta version number in the browser. If there is no version number, the beta/release candidate is not loaded.

Can you explain in more details your login problem?
I expect you start the web browser against the binding proxy to login. What happen now? Do you see the login mask? In which step of the login appears the error in the log? What do you see in the browser at this time?

Best,
Michael

Hi Michi, @michi

i have a problem with the binding and can’t find the mistake.

Yesterday I had the OH-Version 2.4 installed with the newest binding version 2.5.0.RC_1 in the addon-folder.
I got some error messages in the log. Then I installed the OH-Version 2.5 M1 and I hoped the problem will be solved.
Unfortunately it does not work.

Can you help me with this Error Log?

OH-Version 2.5 M1
Binding in the Addon-Folder 2.5.0.RC_1

Best regards
Nico

+1
same error in my log

Did you do the login through the binding proxy? Is the account thing shown as online?

Yes.

does it matter that i’m on OH2.4 and binding 2.5RC ?

Hi Michi,

I habe the same situation.
I did the login via the known link.
The Account thing shows the online state.

Best regards

@michi: Do you have some tips?

ISSUE: Music Title (currently playing) Not Showing up on IOS App or via Basic UI

I have a strange one … I’m using the Amazon echo binding and have some inconsistencies

One strange one is the currently playing song title doesn’t show up on my openhab Phone APP or via the Basic UI … it DOES, however, show up on the HAPANEL tile and also shows up on Paper UI Control page

ITEM:

String Echo_Living_Room_Title                 "Title"                                 (Alexa_Living_Room) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:3a9583c1:G090LV0370820339:title"}

SiteMap

Text item=Echo_Living_Room_Title

Very strange I cant figure it out …

Im also having issues with device controls like pause / play / volume … they just dont fuction at all

Thx
Greg

I have the same error in my log:

2019-08-05 14:34:27.883 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@927df0’: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview’ failed: Unauthorized
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview’ failed: Unauthorized
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:549) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.startRoutine(Connection.java:1170) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:594) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor81.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy156.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [275:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor80.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]