Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Echo Show with Ring Integration:

Has anybody automated the showing of a Ring camera on the Echo Show?

I can detect a ring action from OH already so I was thinking about issuing this command when this occurs.

LivingRoom_Echo.startCommand(‘show front door’)

From Michael’s documentation, it shows this will only work with these functions --> Weather, Traffic, GoodMorning, SingASong, TellStory, FlashBriefing and FlashBriefing.

Thoughts?

Best, Jay

i am using amazon.com

So i made some testing.
If i change it to .com it still does not work.
I also checked the alexa.amazon.com profile it had some issues with user agreement stuff. But the second u click something u get redirected to the german .de version of the site. I the tried with VPN. But they us underlying scripts to see where actually from. If you remove them the site stops working. So my question to you is where are you from?

but since a lot of users here are using .com aswell… I noticed another thing. Is that that you maybe use HTTPS?
or was “”" https://myopenhabip:8080/amazonechocontrol""" just an example?
since the request would come from an unsecured location and amazon could not except them.

I also did some more testing and played around with the URL: Changing it from amazon.de to amazon.com and so on. In the log, the error shows that openhab definitely accesses either .com or .de. It seems to work but as someone mentioned, there might be a redirect. I cannot see it in the logs though.

I also thought about the HTTPS topic and thus I used serveo to make a quick https reverse proxy. I then re-logged in into my amazon account via /amazonechocontrol. But after doing so, my TTS command still fails because of Unauthorized. I’m not sure, if the serveo stuff is working reliable in this case, but it seems so.

Nevertheless: Maybe we need to focus on something else, becasue the login as such IS working actually. I mean, we are retrieving our devices and so on and thus the login seems to be working. If the login does not work, we would not be able to retrieve our device information or am I wrong?

Hi everybody,
Currently I have a problem to help with the unauthorized error, because my installation works as expected and I can not reproduce the error. So I would need some help from anybody. But in this case I would need access to your amazon account for some hours. I know that this need a lot of trust, that I do nothing bad, so I’am not sure if anybody here is interested in this. If so, please sent me a private message. The test will then be done on this weekend.
Best,
Michael

5 Likes

I am willing to help but not available this weekend. Since I am using 2FA, username and password will not help you. I send you privat message to get in touch. Is there anything I can do from my end what will help to debug the issue (Debugger, Postman Calls, etc) in the meantime?

Hi!

mine was offline as well but i went to:
http://myopenhabip:8080/amazonechocontrol
logged into my amazon account and everything was online again.
i am on the latest 2.5 milestone.

regards

Jonas

Sure Thing. Ill message you.

I changed nothing but since this morning Alexa is talking again to me (TTS) and I can even control the echos!
Very strange I did nothing…

Same here. This morning it all worked again.

My problems are solved as well. Was probably a issue on Amazon side?!

The strange thing was the a new installation on my Mac mini with exactly the same configuration than on a raspberry pi was not working Athen the same time the pi still worked

Mine as well, seems to be fixed now by Amazon :slight_smile: Finally I can let my Echo say creepy things.

me too :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here. Everything works fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazon and their fat fingers… lol

I had to rebuild my 2.4 OH install and confirmed that once you install the Echo Control binding, the “Control” screen of Paper UI no longer displays any items. Is there a fix/work-around?

I briefly upgraded everything to 2.5 and that caused more issues for other Bindings.

Yes, install the 2.5 RC 1 of the binding. You will find the download link in the top most post. It works fine with the OH 2.4 installation.

Hi, newbie question.
Would this binding allow say: If a person rings my Axis video Doorbell (linked by ipcamera binding), and I can get it to display in my echo show(via this Amazon Echo Control binding)?

If so, how do I make it happen?

Looks like I just needed to do a full reboot after the 2.5.0.RC1. I can see the bundle now and have my Control window back in Paper UI. Thank you!!

1 Like