Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

I try with amazon.it

paper UI 2.30
and last beta of amazon echo control binding:
��Yks۸���_!q: ���%�

Just tried to install. Won’t login and I get this when I go to the page to login.

��Yks����_Ab:4P@�$mhͱ-�u�Ʃ㤝QU�b�x�x)ɢ�{���K��N�T�ػw�޽ϳ�l��Na)ڻJΓ6�^���\d�i������c3�Gm� ��2H3i�C������e��LjyY�e�H��l>?M$_�NeQ�U;'��E+o��|�5���=��;yݮ��<�B���x+M�?=�l�U��&-��ƅ�4 �ln>&�iK��5��k�FO�c�5���:�D�C�frp�9��6��;3�]!

Same here. No Login possible at the moment.

I had the same issue. I had to update my openhab to the latest version. I had to download the latest binding from the top and manually install it.

I moved the binding to “/usr/share/openhab2/addons” and added permissions.

Not sure If i rebooted or manually installed in the openhab console

Also instructions are a little out of date. I didn’t manually add .things instead it auto discovers the items. No need to link serial numbers.

You then go in paperui to find the url that looks like this “amazonechocontrol:echo:4464634f:G090P301110418TH” and replace that line on the .items file.

Can someone please let me know how I’m suppose to install the beta from the post above? I’ve tried stopping openhab, clearing the cache, uploading into the addons folder and starting openhab again, but it still seems to pick the binding from the openhab2-addons package. Pulling my hair out, must be missing something obvious.

I’m seeing in the log that the url is no longer valid and hoping the beta has addressed this.

Thanks
Chris

I thought my prolonged period of login stability wouldn’t last once I brag about it… I get this too now. I didn’t change anything.

��Yis����_A�R4@�(ǎ�И���ݍw��z7�b�`08L\@�"�{^����M*_"�ILOOOO�o
��D��͂B4����M��>�ϩHy]3�����zʏ�b+b|g���Ҙ��G�o��
���Y�GEQK��d:=�%^O�jQ%e3%��Y#o���|�5�����[y՜0���۹����4-
��X��W)��$�k2�؟������O{B�' N��=]x�$|
���.���d�j'�25���M���X݉ns�$En�=��,�P����������}
�k�W��Vy/��I7`���1LC�:2��ɒ�Zq���1;ܺOBs���VB���GC6�R�嶎͵p�4�N{ 

�8���F�G�w'4�a�=p��T����Lo�&Njg8�A�FĦ���C��*�)�{�4U�oI����
�6d��20���>ȝL����/~2�����N��ې�Uu%b�#�}
�1:���=�G�8�h���kǘܕ�5w�ei��u��FV����̧P��B��j���gO��b��Fe�+�_�~O;�v˵���-y$���
�6%��JPo5<�q%åa@�~;&0Z�F��h�a�*�ǹ�7��I�X�d��5�w�#�Ⱥ� �]t�-�.}'] G@[:��2rª�>�k� O����a'Z=pm4Vi�lԟ��I�"��8�-d� 3ޟ:�`83�]\|�0���pJf������rq���[���^����sR�AS�J��Kan�/8z��ĩe^5���Qt��5#'��D�1 ��C�Έ~p��{�[o��SŅd/~4��e���jH�8��ȥ"�}�;:�T ���!�/~

Account is offline Log shows this

Login failed: POST url ‘https://www.amazon.de/ap/signin’ failed: Not Found

PaperUI installed binding v2.3. Restart of openhab didn’t help whereas in the past it did for login issues.

1 Like

Thats exactly my issue, but im not on the beta yet. :slight_smile: I’m less worried about getting the beta installed now.

I had the same problem, and tried the same things - until I realised that as well as putting the new beta binding in addons, I needed to uninstall the binding in paperUI.
After I had done that, it went online without a login.

1 Like
2018-11-08 22:09:37.914 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@xxxxxxx': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request

UPDATE: Per @michi’s follow-up tip I changed my TTS voice rules to use the new channel called “textToSpeechVolume” instead of the binding’s old “volume” channel. So far I haven’t seen the error.

And the new channel command has simplified my rules. I used to have to something like this to set the TTS volume for my voice group messages:

VolumeStates = storeStates(EchoVolumeGroup1)
if(Echo_Kitchen_Volume.state!=UNDEF && Echo_Kitchen_Volume.state!=NULL) {
    Echo_Kitchen_Volume.sendCommand(60)
}
if(Echo_Office_Volume.state!=UNDEF && Echo_Office_Volume.state!=NULL) {
    Echo_Office_Volume.sendCommand(60)
}
if(Echo_Theater_Volume.state!=UNDEF && Echo_Theater_Volume.state!=NULL) {
    Echo_Theater_Volume.sendCommand(60)
}
EchoTTSGroup1.sendCommand('Attention! There is a problem with the Laundry Dryer.')
if (DryerCommVolTimer === null) {
    DryerCommVolTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(5)) [|
        restoreStates(VolumeStates)
        DryerCommVolTimer?.cancel()
        DryerCommVolTimer = null
    ]
}

But now its as simple as this:

EchoVolTTSGroup1.sendCommand(60)
EchoTTSGroup1.sendCommand('Attention! There is a problem with the Laundry Dryer.')

BTW, there’s a similar volume setting channel called “notificationVolume” that allows the binding to change the alert sound level. Used together with the textToSpeechVolume command my voice alerts rules have less clutter. Thanks!

• Thomas

I was finally able to investigate this issue because last week I switched to OH 2.4 snapshot 20181104134837-1 along with Echo Control Binding Beta 5. I don’t see the reported problem. Hopefully the latest updates have fixed it for you.

• Thomas

Thanks mate. That has worked for me. Missed the uninstall from paperui. Added to addons folder. Uninstalled. Stopped, Cleaned cache, Started. Logged in to Amazon account and the world is good again.

Maybe this issue is affecting this binding functioning ?

I installed the beta version through add-ons. I couldn’t configure it through paper UI, so configured it using a thing file for accounts and devices.

Has anyone been able to play a custom mp3/wav/whatever through Alexa?

Tried to make my own playlist from uploads on amazon but no luck. I was reading about plex to play audio sound.

Thanks for looking into it. Yes, one of the later BETA’s fixed the monitoring issue.

BTW, I have discovered that you can have 2 different Amazon account bridges active at the same time.

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account1 "Amazon Account" @ "Accounts" [amazonSite="amazon.com", pollingIntervalInSeconds=60]
{
Echo Def's Here
}

Bridge amazonechocontrol:account:account2 "Amazon Account2" @ "Accounts2" [amazonSite="amazon.com", pollingIntervalInSeconds=60]
{
Echo Def's Here
}

Best, Jay

Still cant login with 2.3

Maybe I am being picky or maybe its a clue but I noticed that Amazon isn’t spelt correctly in the log

2018-11-13 19:56:11.397 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Login failed: POST url 'https://www.amazon.de/ap/signin' failed: Not Found

Also, if I enter the URL mentioned in the log I get this page not found message

I have the same problem like m4rk is describing with a german Amazon account :roll_eyes:

Same issue over here. :frowning:

same issue for me too :frowning:

As far as I know the only audio files you can access through this binding are those stored on the providers shown in the supported musicProviderId list found in the echo device’s control page. For the Echo Dot and Echo Show the list is only four sources:
CLOUDPLAYER
AMAZON_MUSIC
I_HEART_RADIO
TUNEIN

So you should be able to access your Amazon music from this binding if you specify the channel’s musicProviderId as AMAZON_MUSIC. But even if you get it to work I suspect it will be short term fix since Amazon is shutting down their cloud service.

I’ve failed at that, but haven’t given up.
I have a Synology NAS running the Plex Media Server. Plus I’ve installed the Plex Skill in my Amazon account. I can play the stored music files by voice command from any of my Echo devices but not from the Echo Control binding.

However, I’ve come to the conclusion that this binding won’t support Plex voice actions. But OH2 has a Plex binding (Plex - Bindings | openHAB) so I will try that next. Along with the hue emulation I think I can control the Plex server from an Echo. Or so I hope.

• Thomas
1 Like