Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Try this:

EchoDotLR.sendCommand("" + TemperatureItem1.state)

1 Like

Change the var to a string.:wink: or just use the [ “Temperature” ] tag on your item.

2 Likes

oh you are right. .toString solved it. thx a lot! [“Temperature”] Tag I will also try

edit: maybe one more question: is there a way to tts room temperature on keyword “alexa, what is my living room temperature” ? and what could be best code design for it?

1 Like

Temperature may be the wrong tag,:roll_eyes: I think it’s [ “Thermostat” ] but honestly I don’t use it but here’s a link to test your tags.

1 Like

I do believe that’s where the lastVoiceCommand comes into play. If you look up a few hundred post,:laughing: there are several examples.

EDIT: see post 1328

@DubZ if you do a forum search using “lastVoiceCommand” as keyword you’ll see about 7 or 8 post, not including this one, with info and examples. Guess I could simply post the link to the search.:smile:
https://community.openhab.org/search?expanded=true&q=lastVoiceCommand

Here’s one of the results from the search.

Enjoy.

3 Likes

Thx a lot for helping to search!

Is there any way that alexa doesnt always say (for example) “living room is not supported” (its translated by me from german :P)?

edit: mhh since I installed this binding my hue emulation seems to not working anymore.
edit2: after rediscover in alexa app it works again

Hello, everybody,
I have installed the Amazon Binding.
However, I always get this error message in the openhab.log:

2019-01-05 19:37:20.573 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Login failed: POST url ‘https://www.amazon.de/ap/signin’ failed: Not Found

My password contains an @. Could this be the problem?

If I try it over this link http://192.168.XXX.XXX:8080/amazonechocontrol/
then I always get this as an answer:

��Y�s۶��]��9���0m�’m#���=u�L�����A�b�WHʏX���_v�{�s��,���b�[j2�’����m���&K����T����%���S=aM��k|gE��ʚ��a�g��x�)�VV�qQ��z>�NO�J��’'������p��Q7��’q%

Have you installed the latest version of the binding? See first post.

What version of OH are you running? What binding version have you tried to install?

More info = more help.:wink: or should I say more better help.:rofl:

I just installed the binding over Paper UI tonight. So it’s version 2.3.0.

I installed openHab on my Synology.
Version is the 2.3.0.005 from here

This version is too old, you have to use the latest Beta Version (see first post).

Any idea how I can install the binding manually? I’m not familiar with it. I downloaded the Jar file.

Thank you for your answer. This helps a lot!
New channels, of course would be great, but I think I get my things work now.

Thank you for your great work!
Olli

Hi @michi ,
is it possible to install the latest version of the binding via PaperUi?

Yes but just with a workaround.
You need to create a routine with your text and some random event like switching ON something. Save this routine and the remove the random event so you got an empty routine.
This will prevent Alexa from answering.
But remember that some texts are supported for routines or not recognized correct.

The latest stable release but not any of the beta releases.
You need to place them inside the addons folder of your openHAB installation.

If openHAB doesn‘t use this addon you‘re able to check what binding is used with the Karaf console.
Place the beta in your addons folder and then open your Karaf console.
Enter bundle:list and check the result.
If there are two Alexa bundles use bundle --help to check how to disable/uninstall the old one and how to activate the beta.

I would prefer not to as well but my air conditioner can only be done that way - do you know if it would be possible via the API? I’m guessing if it was or was easy you would have already done it.

This works with the openHAB Alexa Skill out of the box. The binding is not needed for this.

I’m running on the Synology platform also and I’m running OH 2.3.001 version along with Michael’s Beta 10 Echo version (manually installed in the ADD-ON directory) without any issues. I have 12 Echo’s (tower and dot’s) and all tied to the rules. I’m also using Alexa routines.

Best, Jay