Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Hi, I’am wondering that it have ever worked with 2 factor authentication. Because I assume that the binding can not renew the session token after 5 days.

After I’ve logged in using the captcha I get the following:

HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /amazonechocontrol/account1/ap/signin. Reason:

Not Found

You are using the current beta version now? Have you tried to go back to the official release? What happens there?

Hi, currently this is not possible, but it’s a really good idea for a future release. It should be easy possible. I I found time, I will implement this.

Two factor login is not supported. The reason is, that the session token normally expires after 7 days. So the binding have to renew it, which is done with the normal login.

Is the account Thing status “Online”? Can you open the web page http(s):///amazonechocontrol and click on the account link to get the status of all echos?

Do you know if you get different IP’s from your internet provider? Maybe you can check, if a new IP is related to your problem.

1 Like

All Online. Also the Thing and the Echos in amazonechocontrol Link.

I will check that in my fritzbox

Same kind of issue for me with a fixed ip.

From time to time In the log -> 'need to to go to ‘http//openahab:8080/amazonechocontrol/account1 to login’, but when I go there i’m already logged in. I need to disconnect, type a wrong password and reconnect.

Aymeric

Are you using the current beta (link in the top most posting in this thread) or release Version?

I can’t get the HD Powerview binding to work to control my blinds, but it is supported by Alexa if I create a scene. I can’t add those Poweview scenes to a routine in the Alexa app, but I can tell Alexa “Turn on Open Master Shade” and the blind will open.

Can this binding send commands? I’ve tried below, but it does not work:

sendCommand(Office_Echo_StartCommand, 'Turn on Close Office Shade')

I switched to a 2.4.0 snapshot at the begining of the month. And it seems the beta was released 5 days after that.

If I update my openhab to latest 2.4 snapshot, will your beta be included ?

My system:

binding-amazonechocontrol - 2.4.0.SNAPSHOT

openHAB 2.4.0~20180805114935-1 (Build #1326)

I had asked the same…

I found out that this is a Problem with the Account. i Used a Second Account for the Binding. I switches to my main Account and it works? Have anybody an idea why and how to fix This? It work till a few day.

Beta Version Feedback:

Running Synology OH2.3 and using Amazon JAR 2.4 Beta 1 as of today. Everything seems to be working BUT these new errors in the logs every time the device speaks.

Not sure if I’m suppose to be running 2.4 with a OH2.3 release or not; thought I share what I’m seeing.

2018-08-22 11:31:35.725 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@4a8269e5’: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview’ failed: Bad Request
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url ‘https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview’ failed: Bad Request
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:407) [189:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808101552]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceCommand(Connection.java:730) [189:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808101552]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:245) [189:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808101552]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor107.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy169.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [189:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808101552]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [106:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201805151356]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [106:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201805151356]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Keep up the GREAT work on this!

Best, Jay

i get the same error. But not with the Beta. Do you use a second Amazon Account for that Binding?

Hi Michael,
thank you for the info, I wasn’t aware that 2 factor authentication is not supported (makes sense though). Too bad really, however I can’t think of a workaround either. And prolonging the session is likely to be impossible.
I turned 2 factor off and voila, Alexa binding has been working since then.
Cheers
Chris

Do you have any problem with getting logged out of your amazon account and it wanting you to complete a Captcha challenge to get back in?

@Andrew_Pawelski I am hoping you can help me out again! I managed to get all of my routines up and running in Habpanel using switches. They work great! Now I wanted to try and integrate some other things that I have linked with my alexa but not with open hab so i can ultimatly control them using Habpanel. Below is what I have as the routine I am trying to send a command to Alexa. Normally i would say “Alexa Turn On the Living Room Shades” Let me know if I am using the wrong code. Thanks

//ALexa Open Livingroom Blinds ON
rule “Livingroom Blinds Open”
when
Item livingroom_blinds changed to ON
then
Echo_Living_Room_StartCommand.sendCommand(‘Turn ON the Livingroom Shades’)

end

//ALexa Open Livingroom Blinds OFF
rule “Livingroom Blinds Close”
when
Item livingroom_blinds changed to OFF
then
Echo_Living_Room_StartCommand.sendCommand(‘Turn OFF the Livingroom Shades’)

end

Hi Thomas,

Your monitoring script has been working great but after updating the binding to 2.4 Beta 1; I’m getting this error now for the script. The script still works though . . .

Any updates to this script to handle this exception?

Rule ‘Amazon Echo Account Online Status’: An error occurred during the script execution: Couldn’t invoke ‘assignValueTo’ for feature JvmVoid: (eProxyURI: default.rules#|::0.2.0.2.0.4.2.1.0.2::0::/1)

Best, Jay

[quote=“KHOne, post:814, topic:37844”]
All Online. Also the Thing and the Echos in amazonechocontrol
[/quote

No, there is no smarthome support. Alexa routines can be called from the binding.