Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Okay, thanks.
I asked, because in the beginning of this thread is written by Michael:

Whats new in Beta 2.4 (1):

• fixed Problem with volumne state

And before Beta 2 and 3 arrives, there was the option to download it.

Greetings, Markus

Just tried the new echo dot 3 . It doesnā€™t work.

Yup, I believe there has been a change in their hardware definition with in their API for the Echo Dotā€™s due to the new ones that came out. I have 10 of them and all of them have stopped working a few months back; my 2 Echoā€™s still work fine though.

Hereā€™s the error I get on the Echo Dotā€™s ONLY now.

2018-10-01 18:25:05.086 [INFO ] [.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.Echo] - ** Start of Echo Routine on Loft
2018-10-01 18:25:05.318 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@6a4d4f32': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:446) [193:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808261949]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.executeSequenceCommand(Connection.java:838) [193:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808261949]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:330) [193:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808261949]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor145.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy183.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [193:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201808261949]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [106:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [106:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor144.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [99:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201805151356]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-10-01 18:25:08.785 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler@6a4d4f32': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection

Hi

As of yesterday evening I started seeing the following errors in the openhab log file but no idea why, apart from adding MQTT binding and a an MQTT broker to my setup, in preparation for some Shelly 1 switches which are on their way, I have made no changes to the environment as stability is more important to me than having the latest bells and whistles.

I have tried restarting the binding, openhab and rebooting the pi but still seeing the errors fill up the logs.

Setup:
Echo dot
Raspberry pi 3
Openhab 2.2
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol_2.2.1_RC3.jar

018-10-13 07:33:40.299 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler] - getPlayer fails: {}
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/api/np/player?deviceSerialNumber=G090LF096523176H&deviceType=A3S5BH2HU6VAYF&screenWidth=1440' failed: Internal Server Error
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:404) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:286) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:281) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.getPlayer(Connection.java:591) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler.updateState(EchoHandler.java:570) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.refreshData(AccountHandler.java:411) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
2018-10-13 07:33:40.614 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler] - getPlayer fails: {}
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/api/np/player?deviceSerialNumber=G090LF096523176H&deviceType=A3S5BH2HU6VAYF&screenWidth=1440' failed: Internal Server Error
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:404) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:286) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequestAndReturnString(Connection.java:281) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.getPlayer(Connection.java:591) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.EchoHandler.updateState(EchoHandler.java:570) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.handler.AccountHandler.refreshData(AccountHandler.java:411) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]

Any ideas how I stop these?

Kevin

All my things are working again since i updates openhab to the last snapshot 1390.

And the new echo dot 3 also works :smiley:

@Master79:
I have removed the echo jar from addons folder and installed the echo binding directly in paperui.
Currently i use milestone 3. So the echo binding is from milestone 3 too.
With this version the network and hue binding is working. :slight_smile:

My Echo Dots stopped working a couple of weeks ago too. Theyā€™re offline.
Iā€™ve looked through the recent thread posts and there doesnā€™t seem to be a definitive answer as to what binding versions work.

Iā€™m running: openHAB 2.4.0~20180902221416-1 (Build #1347)

Can anyone confirm:

Which Echo control binding version works with this, with the old Echo Dot?

Thanks!

The thrid beta of this thread. And i am on 1349 snapshot

Thanks for the reply., My Dot is still offline with that setup.

Hello,

In my installation (OpenHAB 2.3 with Amazon Echo Control Binding from the 2.3 Repro) it comes after some time to the logfile:

2018-10-16 15:51:20.858 [INFO ] [mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Login failed: Login fails. Check your credentials and try to login with your webbrowser to http(s)://youropenhab:yourport/amazonechocontrol/account1
However, the Account Thing on the specified page is displayed as online and I can not log in. Also, the control of Alexa works without problems.

After this logline has been for about 2 days every minute, the thing is really offline and the control does not work anymore.
Now i can re-register via the specified URL and it will be back for some time.

This happens with me sometimes. I usually uninstall the Amazon Control binding then reinstall it and use the link posted in the tutorial above to log back in.

I can log in, my Amazon account Thing is ONLINE, but the Dots are offline and I cannot bring them back online.

For me just a restart of my Pi helps

Iā€™ve done that!

Post above indicates that build #1390 is working. What build are you on? Maybe you can try the latest snapshot jar, updated Oct 15 here https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/ or move to the latest build.

Yes, Iā€™ve tried that all. Iā€™m on the latest snapshot. Iā€™ve tried the Oct 15 build too.

I have no problems with my Amazon account, just the Echo Dots.

Perhaps thereā€™s a corrupt file somewhere. Do the Things appear anywhere else apart from the JSONdb file?

Iā€™m getting somewhere now. My devices are registered on Amazon.com (for nearly two years) but the setup was Amazon.co.uk but I canā€™t remember changing it in Paper UI. So, Iā€™ve changed it in PaperUI to Amazon.com but it wonā€™t let me log in when I enter my credentials. Password and site are definitely correct.

Does anyone know if anything has changed at Amazon which prevents me using an Amazon.com account for a Europe based Echo?

Yes of course, this beta is a very early state of the development. It will be changed in the further development.

I have not yet seen a problem like this. Maybe you find a hint the console of openHAB. Are you using the beta version?

Currently this seems not be possible. Maybe with another approach by using Alexa notifications. But this must be part of the OpenHAB Alexa skill and not of this binding.