Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Cannot get my echo device to go online - amazon account and flashbriefing is online in PaperUI - but not the echo itself. Am on latest snapshot and even pulled the latest binding-jar file. No luck.

Any ideas ?

My echo is the newest Echo Dot G3

Im having the same issue, ONLINE/OFFLINE bouncing , enter your password

Same here

I used the link in the error and relogged in, it hasnt come up again.I will check when im home, suggest you guys do the same. Its like it hasnt persisted your login

If i use the link in the error message, there will appear a page will come and say that all is fine

Uninstall the Amazon account in paperui then reinstall it and log back in.

Bingo, that fixed it!

Thanks

1 Like

This problem will be fĂŒr fixed with the next beta version which implements the mobile app login.
For the moment you can manually relogin.

3 Likes

Hi to everyone. Alexa is officially released in Italy. The date is 31 October. Is today possible to found alexa.amazon.it wit a lot of various skills but OpenHab is not present. You’ve info about it. Is the italian skill waiting the official release?

This is the wrong thread for this question. You should search for alexa skill. This thread is for the binding to control alexa. The binding should work with the .it domain.

I am still not getting my Echo device to come online. Flash and Amazon account are online - but the echo refuses. Getting Alexa to switch things in my OH2 works fine - just not the other way

1. Does anyone has a working binding connection (online) to the new Echo dot gen 3 ?

2. Any suggestions how to fix this problem / anyone working on a fix ?

In my log, the following happens when I try to switch one of the channels:

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2018-10-26 09:38:19.356 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'echoKitchen_Shuffle' received command OFF

2018-10-26 09:38:19.360 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - echoKitchen_Shuffle predicted to become NULL

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-10-26 09:38:19.590 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@73231954': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U50783640R75&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: Bad Request

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/command?deviceSerialNumber=G090U50783640R75&deviceType=A32DOYMUN6DTXA' failed: Bad Request

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:404) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.command(Connection.java:627) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.handleCommand(EchoHandler.java:243) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809271800]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809271800]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy174.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [253:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.4.0.201810201948]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201809271800]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201809271800]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor177.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809271800]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809271800]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I had loads of problems getting devices to go online - albeit not third generation echo Dots.

Did you try the combination in my post above?

That worked for me in the end (may have needed a couple of restarts too).

is it now possible to controll my lights that are connected to alexa with Openhab?

No, no difference with the beta version - the echo is still offline, whereas the account and flash thing is online

@Saracen OK - decided to try out if my amazon account was making issues - as I remember to have read about selecting the right “country” US/UK/DE etc. where the account was originally created.

My Amazon account is a very old one - and I actually cannot remember where I registered it - although I use it primarily in the DE-store (I live in DK).

So, I created a brand new amazon account - deleted all account and things in OH2 - and started from new, with my “new” US registered amazon account. Now, everything works - and Echo is finally online

Strange
?

No. I use a U.S. account too and I live in Europe. My locality is set to Germany though.

Glad you got it working. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Hi all, have been off for a while and see a lot of exciting developments have taken place.
Is there a way now, to determine through the binding which echo of several devices around the house received a command?

Yes, you can use the lastVoiceCommand channel.

BETA 2.4 (4) RELEASED

The new beta is available.

This version is only tested with amazon.de . Beta testers from other domains are welcome to give me feedback.
WARNING: Only use this binding with the released version of openHAB or old 2.4 versions, the daily snapshot is not supported yet.

The new features:

• New channel textToSpeechVolume
  • New login method which prevents problems with session renew
  • No password storage in openHAB configuration
  • Support for 2 factor authentication
  • Alexa activation word is dropped for channel lastVoiceCommand
  • Logging of push is changed to debug level standard messages

If you upgrade from previous version, you have to login to the amazon account one time (See “First Steps” in the first post)

Download the beta from the first post.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work,
thoroughly enjoying the binding.

Would like to add the “repeat” or “loop” control to the binding but new to the development side,
Where is best place to get up to speed on contributing code dev?