Remote wired relay

OK, understood.
One more hardware related question.
Will the following scheme work (with ACK and in general):
OH – LAN – MySensors GW — rs485 ---- node w/actuators ?
I believe it was mentioned somewhere that rs485 support will be added to MySensors in a future. Am I right or it will be added only as an alternative to Ethernet between controller and a gateway?

Thanks, Tim!

RS485 will be an alternative to the RF-links between nodes and gateway.
So it fits perfectly in the scheme you described.

It is already implemented: https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/blob/development/libraries/MySensors/examples/GatewaySerialRS485/GatewaySerialRS485.ino

Unfortunatly it does not work yet. :frowning:

Good to know. I will build the hardware part and keep an eye on the discussion.

Thanks
Andrew

Hello Tim,
I tried to use this sketch idee (Gateway-W5100-with-Relays) to have a ethernet module without RF24 communications and this is working , but in this case the node ID is ‘0’, the childnode presentations works fine.
Becaus there is already a ethernet gateway + RF24 in the network with nodeId =0 , i want to change the nodeId by using the ‘#define MY_NODE_ID 10’ but the result is still a nodeId = 0.
In other sketches where i have the RF24, i can use the ’ transportAssignNodeID(ModuleNodeID)’ command for this but if you do not define the RF24 you cannot use this feature.
Have you any idee how i can change the NodId in this situation, it gives a easy way to define ehternet nodes .
Thanks in advance…
Roger