Remotec zwave dry contact ZFM-80

(Dan Dunagan) #1

I’ve been using the Remotec ZFM-80 to control my fireplace with the Wink2 Hub for about a year and its worked flawlessly. I am in the process of moving everything to my OpenHab server and while I have been able to get all my other devices to connect to OH I can not seem to get OH to see this switch. Does anyone have any experience with this device and using it with OH?

0 Likes

(SiHui) #2

It’s in the database:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/448

What error message do you get?

0 Likes

(Dan Dunagan) #3

I’m not getting anything. When I try to pair the device in paper it finds nothing.

0 Likes

(SiHui) #4

At least you should see something in the debug log:

0 Likes

(Dan Dunagan) #5

Here is what the log is saying 2019-05-16 08:20:39.860 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Input/output error in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.

Ive tried both inclusion several times as well as exclusion then inclusion again. Still getting this error multiple times.

I have 6 other Z-Wave switches and dimmers working properly but this one is giving me grief. Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Likes

(SiHui) #6

That error message normally points to a problem with the serial driver, not with zwave, but as your other devices are working fine I have not idea what is going on.
Try restarting the binding through karaf …

0 Likes

(Dan Dunagan) #7

Interesting after I replied I started reading some posts and decided to try and include it again. This time OH found the new device however by the time I added it and then went to things I found it saying Offline-Communication_Error. I checked the logs and this was what I found.

2019-05-16 08:43:38.475 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:a6a71902:node10’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Node is not communicating with controller

I tried pressing the button on the front of the device and nothing showed in the logs (obviously).

0 Likes

(Dan Dunagan) #8

So in Configuration>Things I get this message. I have found the device in the DB and tried the recommended solution with no success. How would I go about getting the DB updated?

Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

  • The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like " Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0) "). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
  • The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.
0 Likes

(SiHui) #9

Please check the thing type and device id in your xml file (userdata/zwave folder) and compare it to the entry in the database if it is available.
If not, the database needs to be updated.
If yes, wake up the device manually (see your manual which button to press).

If the device is unknown, you need to upgrade to the latest zwave 2.5 snapshot binding.
If you want to update the database itself please see:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

0 Likes