I’m using openhabian 1.6.2b on a Raspi3B with openhabian 2.5.11 with a aeon Z-Stick 5
I tried to delete old unused unresponitive failed nodes.
There is a workaround descripted somewhere here in the forum to use the zensys-tool to delete the nodes on the zstick- i have made this (in pic 1 you can see that nodes listed in zensys)
Secound step is: deleting all these nodes underneath /var/lib/openhab2/zwave (done see pic 2)
Than: clear /var/lib/openhab2/cache /var/lib/openhab2/tmp /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup
and restart the system.
After I follow all these steps and do a rediscover all the deleted nodes are back - see PaperUI inbox - Pic3
Can any body explain how these nodes can be really remove from the system? Obviously the old workarround does not work anymore! Where are alle nodes are stored?
BTW If you were connected to the system as user openhabian you are not allow to change-delete-write any file underneath /var/lib/openhab2 if you do an “ls -al” directories are owned by user:group openhab:openhab while you work as user openhabian is this correct? and what is the default password used for openhab
thank you for pointig me to the procedure to remove nodes using zensys tools.
I already knew this and following this the nodes are gone from the zstick!
the problem is cleaning all cashes tmp and backup of openhab while openhab service is down and restart openhab after replug the zstick and than do a discover of zwave alle the delete nodes will be found again!
So cleaning the zstick using zensys tool and delete all entrys undernetah openhab do not delete the nodes!
I’m looking for any other or better additional step to do that a rediscover after cleaning the zstick did not bring all the nodes back. There must be an other let´s say backup instance where everything is stored inside openhab (after 2.5.x), which is not reported anywhere.
Sorry if my english is not so correct that the problem is exactly descripted.
This is the part I don’t understand. If the nodes are really gone from the stick, the zwave binding won’t discover them, and it should be a simple matter of deleting the node thing (and the node.xml, if necessary). In the many times I’ve deleted a ghost node using the Zensys tool, I’ve never had to do more than that.