Request help with rfxcom binding (not working for me)

I’m relatively new to openhab and I’m trying to use rfxcom binding with the RFXtrx433E

I’m running Openhab 1.7.1 with the Z-Wave and rfxcom binding.

zwave:port=/dev/ttyACM0

rfxcom:serialPort=/dev/ttyUSB0
org.openhab.binding.rfxcom-1.7.1.jar

Z-wave is working with no problem

RFX is not working with openhab (when I use Domoticz it works)

When I use the switch I created nothing happens.

I don’t know how to further diagnose this problem.
Any help appreciated.

Below my setting and part of error log:

openhab.log

2015-11-05 11:55:13.146 [ERROR] [.rfxcom.internal.RFXComBinding] - Error occured during packet receiving, data: 1C21004CE6A6319338137B20001C000000000000000000000000000069
org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.RFXComException: Message UNKNOWN not implemented
at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.messages.RFXComMessageFactory.getMessageInterface(RFXComMessageFactory.java:121) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.RFXComBinding$MessageLister.packetReceived(RFXComBinding.java:253) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.connector.RFXComSerialConnector$SerialReader.run(RFXComSerialConnector.java:211) [bundlefile:na]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.messages.null
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501) ~[na:na]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421) ~[na:na]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412) ~[na:na]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107) ~[na:na]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[na:1.8.0]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:259) ~[na:1.8.0]
at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.messages.RFXComMessageFactory.getMessageInterface(RFXComMessageFactory.java:116) ~[bundlefile:na]
… 2 common frames omitted

openhab.cfg

################################ RFXCOM Binding #######################################
#
# Serial port of RFXCOM interface
# Valid values are e.g. COM1 for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux
rfxcom:serialPort=/dev/ttyUSB0

# Set mode command for controller (optional)
# E.g. rfxcom:setMode=0D000000035300000C2F00000000
#rfxcom:setMode=

.item

Switch  KAKU_computerkamer      "Computer kamer"        <light> { rfxcom=">00E7D562.3:LIGHTING2.AC:Command" }

.sitemap

Frame label="Computerkamer"  {
                Switch item=KAKU_computerkamer label="Lamp computerkamer" icon="light"
        }

The first thing to check when dealing with /dev/tty* is to make sure that the openhab user is a member of the dialout group. It is possible it doesen’t have permission to read/write to /dev/ttyUSB0. Though I would expect you would have the same error with /dev/ttyAMC0 so who knows.

Make sure that the rfxcom device is actually on /dev/ttyAMC0.

Beyond that we will need to wait for an rfxcom user to chime in.

I think you need to convert the HEX id to DECIMAL.

Quote rfxcom wiki:
where DeviceID is a valid wireless device identifier in decimal (not hexadecimal !).

The HEX/DEC thing stumped me also.

You can to use a site like http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

Tap in your HEX (in your case 00E7D562) and that will give you the DEC (in your case 15193442)

You still add the .3 to the number (15193442.3)

Adding:

<logger name="org.openhab.binding.rfxcom" level="DEBUG" />

to your logback.xml (put it with the other similar looking lines starting with <logger… will help (as you will see things come in, even if they are not going out)

Did you look setup symlinking your USB ports?

sorry for my late response, life kept me busy :wink:

with all tips and trick described above, I got it working

Thx

PS topic can be closed