Request: Sureflap pet door connect binding

I also have a sure flap. Would also like to see binding. And would like to sponsor a small amount if someone makes a binding. So Someone van buy the Sure pet Door

a little sneak peak… still a lot of work to do… but have some things running :smiley:

surepetcare

as i’m not a Java Dev… but wanted to have this binding running… I took over the last days/weeks a very deep dive into binding development and how things are working… some things are quit hard to understand…

If i have any working code to share… i will let you know…
at least a java dev must take a look into this…

But for now i’m more than happy with this result

3 Likes

Hello

sounds great, can you please give me your Sureflap Binding code. I also have a Sureflap Connect Pet Door and i am very very interested to know if my cat is at home or outside.

Thank you

Klaus

Hi Klaus… nothing shareable right now… but if i have finished the work… i’ll keep you posted here…

2 Likes

This would be really great keep us informed. I can add little myself. but hope this will get off the ground

Hello,any news on this?

I’m also waiting for this binding. I develop my own smarthome system with arduino, mqtt and openhab. I own one Surepetcare Hub, two connected cat flaps and have four chipped cats.
So I really would like to test these binding!

1 Like

Hi,

is there something new, i am interested
Thank you

Klaus

1 Like

So am I!

@kugelsicha I am also interested in this. Perhaps you can share your code on GitHub and let the community review and finalise the code?

Hi all, and @jschaeke , @klaus1 , @Daan_Lindeman , @Osmii , @Weidenwarft , @Hveem

Sorry for the late reply… i stopped developing this a while ago due to free time and missing dev skill problems… I run into some problems with fetching and converting data… and then the big change in openhab development happend (switch from ESH to OH core)

I must say that i’m not a Java developer and all the progress i made did used alot of time, and to figure out how things work… almost try and error…

So for this reason i stopped working on this…

IF someone has java developer skills and want to write a binding for this… i’m more than happy to assist, because i know how the response from the API are and how to call them… but cant put them into a working binding…

for now i’ll use my hackish way via http binding… but its read only

Sorry to hear that. I would help but I am no programmer at all :confused:
Would you be so kind and share your configuration for http binding?
Thanks!

No i cant… because i dont have and use it anymore…

BUT!

I’m having a better working example which i’m just about to finish… which also has pros and cons…
I will share this code here… but as i’m running on the latest snapshot builds with the New Rule Engine JSR223 a well written HowTo is important and a bit of effort from users who wants to use this is also needed…

Spoiler ;-)

Almost everything is dynamic here:

I’ll keep you updated

Ok, you do that!
Btw,that is looking great :drooling_face:

just a quick update… i also got the SET pet status working…:heart_eyes:

Spoiler

still some work to do… but we’re getting closer :slight_smile:

hey all… i finally found some time to finish this and wrote a tutorial

you can find it here Sure Petcare Catflap / Pet Door

1 Like

omg. CANT show this to my girlfirend haha. Seriously that’s nice

1 Like

I’ve started work on a native binding for the Sure Petcare devices.

https://community.openhab.org/t/new-sure-petcare-binding-for-cat-pet-flap/82257

1 Like

I can help you test It.

/mike

So nice! I hope that the code eventually gets merged in to the main GitHub repository for openhab.

1 Like