Reset/refresh OH2.1 settings

Hi,

I deleted the /var/lib/openhab2/cache directory and now all settings gone, however I didn’t change the config files at all. After restarting the service only a start page is displayed suggesting to add a ui.
The addons.cfg file contains all configuration but the listed ui’s don’t start at all. How can I force the re-read or re-cache all the settings? I cant believe that deleting a cache directory brakes the whole application. :rage:
Thanks for your reply in advance,
Gabor

Please provide at least some information. We provide that form for you to fill out.

Hi,

I deleted the /var/lib/openhab2/cache directory and now all settings gone, however I didn’t change the config files at all. After restarting the service only a start page is displayed suggesting to add a ui.
The addons.cfg file contains all configuration but the listed ui’s don’t start at all. How can I force the re-read or re-cache all the settings? I cant believe that deleting a cache directory brakes the whole application. :rage:
Thanks for your reply in advance,
Gabor

There is nothing permanent in cache so either something else got deleted too by accident or something else is wrong.

Check your add-ons.cfg. There are reports of it becoming slightly corrupted in the latest snapshot. Mainly the addition of quotes and sometime a stray D.

Thanks for the tips! Switching to the latest snapshot has solved the problem though I had to re-add some of the addons. I think it is a bit “overcomplicated” how the configs and their caching and the caching of caching works in this application :slight_smile: But such is java ecosystem…