Restart router if no internet connection

Cool, let me know if you get it to work.
Regards

Here’s what I use. Works well. Www.resetplug.com

Wow! $60

So, after post mortem analyzing and all other stuff, I can say:

1. FritzBox as is was stable and online the whole time
  2. the UMTS-USB Modem was offline
  3. I already had a device for “restarting”

ad 1)
The FritzBox (it was an old 7240) was stable the whole time providing router things and stuff

ad 2)
the UMTS-USB Modem (Telekom Speedstick LTE V aka Huawei E3372s) was not 100% compatible with the old firmware of the FritzBox (Fritz!Os 6.06). It suddenly went offline and didn’t come up again - the Fritz!Box would only recognize the USB-filesystem on the USB-stick.

ad 3)
I already had an Xiaomi poweroutlet which is Wifi controllable. So I can (of Course Internet is live!) restart it via the Xiaomi MiHome App. You can Chose e.g. a “restart in 2min”. (Not tested, if the restart works without Internet)

So, what I did:

• replaced the old 7240 with a brandnew 4020 (50€)
  • UMTS USB-Modem works fine with the newest Fritz!Os 6.83 at least

Judging from my experience with Fritz!Boxes the last decade (and more, if I think of…) - they’re pretty reliable, if you just let them running. So I assume, the new Fritz!Box will be stable with the USB-Modem - and I connected the Pi running OH2 to the Xiaomi power outlet. So I could (and already had to! I wouldn’t come up again after a sudo reboot after some strange Errors in OH2) turn off the Pi off completely via remote - and it will just start up again.

in parallel, next time I’m remote I’ll try to find out, if the Power outlet will restart even without Internet Access! :wink: