Review new binding

What is the expected review time of a new binding.

I have now waited for 1 and a half month.

/Mike

The timing is bad :confused:
All maintainers are busy since about beginning of February to move all existing bindings to the new build system. That is a requirement for activating tests and checks again on the repository.

Especially the checks help a lot to identify simple mistakes in new contributions like wrong license headers, wrong author tags and null-type errors.

I have done an initial review. There might be issues I didn‘t catch on first sight. Please have a look.

1 Like

My binding hasn’t been reviews either, I assume it is so bad noone wants to touch it.

Guys. WIP means work in progress. Maintainers will not review a WIP pull request.

@J-N-K can you please continue the review.

I closed the commit i do not want to work with bindings and fullfill @J-N-K 's detailed reviews.
It takes to much time to get it approved.

I share the jar instead.

/Mike

I agree that it takes a lot of time to have bindings reviewed, but please don’t let that discourage you from contributing it to the distribution.

However, I don’t necessarily agree with calling out @J-N-K’s for his detailed reviews. My experience is that all maintainers do very detailed reviews. over the last couple years I’ve had quite a few different maintainers review my contributions, and they’re all pretty consistent in their review process. I actually prefer that level of review, as it results in the binding being better. It’s also the case that I learn something in the process.

3 Likes