RFWDC Cooper Scene Controller - Indicator Command Class

Hi @paixaop, thank you so much for putting together the indicator command class.

ZWave - Cooper Scene Controller RFWDC · Issue #3216 · openhab/openhab1-addons · GitHub

It works really well, but I have 2 things I’d like to run by you…

1. The indicator class works great when sending from the controller to the device, but if I change it on the device it doesn’t update in the controller. Adding refresh_interval to the item binding doesn’t seem to help either.

2. In the newest zwave binding has a new behavior with the individual buttons. Previously, with my item configuration:

Switch GF_5Scene_Button1_ON “Scene1” (Scene_Controller_GF {zwave=“54:command=SCENE_ACTIVATION,scene=1,state=0,respond_to_basic=TRUE” }

When I pressed each button, off or on, it would reflect each button accurately in openhab. Now, when I press any one button all of the others switch to OFF. This happens even if they are ON in the device and ON in openhab.

Either of these 2 methods could be used to help operate the switches as switches (ON/OFF), but in this state I can’t use either of them reliably.

I know you’ve spend a lot of time with these things. Thank you so much for your help.

@paixaop, Just touching base. Are you aware of this issue? Is there any other information I can provide?

You need to add the controller node the 255 association group of the RFWDC, this ensures that device changes are pushed to the controller. The latest build proactively queries the device for indicator status changes and should behave better, but I would still recommend to add the controller node the association group.