RFXCOM not working since OH 2.4 upgrade

Hi,

RFXCOM stop working after OH 2.4 Upgrade.

I’m using OH 2.4 with Raspberry pi. The RFXCom is an usb antenna.

All was working fine until the upgrade. I’ve tried to reinstall the binding, remove the Item for the transceiver but when you try to find the transceiver on the Inbox appear the following error:

[ERROR] [rnal.discovery.RFXComBridgeDiscovery] - Error occurred during discovery

at jd2xx.JD2XX.listDevices(Native Method) ~[233:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]
at jd2xx.JD2XX.listDevicesByDescription(JD2XX.java:826) ~[233:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]
at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.discovery.RFXComBridgeDiscovery.discoverRfxcom(RFXComBridgeDiscovery.java:82) [233:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]

at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.discovery.RFXComBridgeDiscovery.startScan(RFXComBridgeDiscovery.java:58) [233:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]

Any suggestions about how to proceed?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve the same problem with a fresh new installation of OpenHABian on Raspberry

2018-12-30 12:29:11.977 [ERROR] [rnal.discovery.RFXComBridgeDiscovery] - Error occurred during discovery

**java.io.IOException: device not found (2)**

at jd2xx.JD2XX.listDevices(Native Method) ~[208:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]

at jd2xx.JD2XX.listDevicesByDescription(JD2XX.java:826) ~[208:org.openhab.binding.rfxcom:2.4.0]

Here is a hint, but it doesn’t solve the issue.

Hello,

this looks like the RFXCom device has created a /dev/ttyUSB0 (for example) on OS level. You can simple prevent this with creating a file located her:
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
with the content
blacklist ftdi_sio
After this you should reboot.

The alternate solution is connecting the /dev/ttyUSB0, where you manually need to create a .things file with the following content:
Bridge rfxcom:bridge:usb0 [ serialPort="/dev/ttyUSB0" ]

Additinally you need to allow this connection for the JVM, on RPI (strech) you need to update the file /etc/default/openhab2 and add the /dev/ttyUSB0 here:
EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:…
after this
sudo /bin/systemctl daemon-reload

hope it helps …