[rfxcom] unknown subtypes and exceptions

Awesome. Networking has always been like black magic to me, super interesting though.

Its definitely interesting, a nice new environment with some Scala and Angular.

I just rebased our branch and I hope that the PR for some ported messages gets merged soon. Because we have to fix the same ‘problems’ there :slight_smile:

We will be in contact

I rebased our branch on top of PR mentioned above. Can you look whether it all looks complete now.

One thing crossed my mind, is it maybe more ellegant to map the enum to the message classes straight from the ENUM, how do you feel towards that?

@Jamstah how are you doing?

Were you able to check on the last state? And what is your opinion about mapping straight from the enums?

Hi Martin, I’m very well thank you. Had a great Christmas and New year. And yourself?

I have to admit I completely forgot about this, have just gone back to remind myself. Latest state of the code looks good.

I’m in two minds about mapping the classes straight from the enums. At the moment, the Factory class knows everything it needs to know to be able to create message objects. If we move that, it then has a dependency on the base message. But then it is already loading the packet type enum from that class. And they are both in the internal package. So really, up to you :slight_smile:

Then we will leave that, I will squash it to a single commit and create pull request, somewhere this week.