RM Mini 3 - python-broadlink - Windows

I have just purchased the RM mini 3 IR blaster and configuring it for my Openhab2.

I saw there was a binding being developed but could find the download so I decided to configure it the old way.

The issue I am having is the instructions say install python-broadlink

When I run it is gives me this error
Running pycrypto-2.6.1\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\ericd\appdata\local\temp\easy_install-nr0khz\pycrypto-2.6.1\egg-dist-tmp-swcefu
python : warning: GMP or MPIR library not found; Not building Crypto.PublicKey._fastmath.
At line:1 char:1

• python setup.py install
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (warning: GMP or...cKey._fastmath.:String) [], RemoteException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

error: Setup script exited with error: Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 is required. Get it from http://aka.ms/vcpython27

I have windows . Is there a easier way to do this?

Here is the binding link, beta 2, the rm mini 3 should work fine, Cato is working on adding more broadlink devices
https://goo.gl/CS4rE9
Instructions are in post 56 of this subject: Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?
Ray

I have the binding added and I now at the part of entering common Authentication Key and IV parameter. I see an article where they are using a bunch of java code to get some keys but it is a little above my pay grade. There was one key list on the site but I’m not sure where to place it if it would work for my setup? What am I suppose to do next?

Did you read the instructions off cato i refered to?, all information is there

1 Like

After the words of encouragement. I came across this post on the article topic you gave.

Just google “broadlink initial key” and you will find appropriate link within first three
Authentication key = initial key
IV parameter = Initial vector

I was then able to do a find initial key and initial vector and find the information I was looking for.

Binding now shows online and communicating.

Sweet!
Thank for your help
Eric Dycus

Thanks for the support.

1 Like

We are here to help each another!:ok_hand: