Robomow binding

@arjanmels my T-beam arrive today :grinning: Iā€™m really curious about your software. Any idea when you would be sharing it?

@promy I had done delays due to other activities. The BLE communication works and I made a start with the webinterface.

If you want I can share in its current state as private project. Let me know.

1 Like

@arjanmels: yes, i would be interested!

I am also interested. Already have the ttgo purchased :slight_smile:

@arjanmels: i started reading the code and it looks very nice. Howeverā€¦itā€™s a few stages to advanced for my current knowledge :wink: but iā€™m trying to understand itā€¦iā€™ll get there eventually :wink:
Any ideaā€™s when you would release a version where one could get the info from the mower?

Iā€™m very interested in this, since I need the ā€œmanual mowingā€ function, which was available in earlier versions of the official app but not anymore in 2.xx;
if your device is rooted you can find also relevant data in the ā€œrobomow_preferences.xmlā€ which might be accessible directly on the mobile or in the Titanium-Backup file ā€œcom.lehavi.robomow-xxx-yyy.tar.gzā€ under ā€œcom.lehavi.robomow-xxx-yyy.tar.gz\com.lehavi.robomow-xxx-yyy.tar\data\data\com.lehavi.robomow.\shared_prefsā€;
it looks like this:

maybe this file can be use for the authentication to lock in into the deviceā€¦

I have to say that basically I would only need to circumvent the missing manual mowing via BlueToothā€¦
since Iā€™m inexperienced with Android coding, it will take me month (if I succeed at all)ā€¦ until then my lawn will be a jungleā€¦ :astonished:

hi did anyone mange to get this to work??

Hello arjanmels,
how would I like to control my robomow via Bluetooth instead of app.
I would like to build a Bluetooth, Wifi, MQTT bridge via ESP32. I am a little familiar with the ESP, but unfortunately not yet with Bluetooth.
Therefore I would be grateful for any help. Is your source code public or can you send me a start code?
Thank you very much!

Hi, I published my code as-is on: https://github.com/arjanmels/RoboMowRC.
It is still rough around the edges and I havnā€™t got round to it the last half year.

Arjan

will be this project continuid?

Hey, any devs here?
Today the code was published in a draft version, hoping to get some more people on the project, its written in cpp, but i think this could be the start of an integration in HA for older types of robomow, using BT connection

Code is here

I think you posted in the wrong community.
This is about openHAB, not HA ā€¦

its based on mqtt , so doesnt mather if for HA or Openhab, we just need someone helping to get the code working, it can be used on ESP devices, its now in draft only