Rogue node?

Over the weekend I installed my Aeon controller and a GE switch. Yeah!! Everything is working fine in regards to those two nodes (1 and 3). But I have a rogue node 2 that continues to show up. I deleted it and restarted OH, gone. Then checked things and its sitting there waiting. WTH! It shows Basic class : ROUTING_SLAVE, Generic Class: BINARY_SWITCH, and Specific Class:POWER_SWITCH_BINARY just like the GE. I’m wondering if the GE is trying to ‘move’ to node 2?

What steps can I take here?

openhab.log

NODE 2: Node is DEAD. Dropping message.
Neither inclusion nor exclusion was active!
NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
Added new thing ‘zwave:device:17d4be46:node2’ to inbox.
NODE 2: Initialising Thing Node…
NODE 2: Node advancer: Retries exceeded at PING

The Nodes are stored on the controller. Deleting them from OH and even deleting them from the Inbox does not actually eliminate the node. What probably happened was you had a failed pairing of your GE switch which is Node 2 and then a successful one as Node 3.

Since the controller has marked Node 2 as DEAD, I think you can delete it in Habmin. Or you can just ignore it. It is not causing any real problems.

I think the only issues is that it’s filling up my logs. I figured out that I was really only deleting the thing. I found the “mark as dead” in advanced tools and that seems to have cleared it right up.