Rollershutter Fibaro FGR-222 Rev 02 - Positioning - OH2

okay that could be, but when I did a calibration and after that, I drive the roller shutter 5,6 times with the wall switches a little down and up and down and up… than, only 5-6 times, the calibration is “gone” … I think this is not normal … :thinking:

Agreed. You should check your physical hardware for any wearouts, for example the bearings.
I installed six FGR222 about 2 years ago and never had to repeat the calibration process.

okay - but … I built the house last year, it is exactly 1 year old, also the shutters :thinking:

Then wearout is very unlikely :rofl:

I hope so :rofl:
so I didn´t find any solution - so … I think I give it up

In the calibration process, the rollershutter “memorizes” how long it takes to go through a full cycle. When you tell it to move the blinds from fully up to a given down position (70%), it simply runs the motor for 70% of the time required to go fully down.
The accuracy of this is not perfect. The actual physical position after running the motor for 70% of the time may only correspond to 68% of the height, while the fibaro “thinks” it is at 70%. If you consistently avoid reaching the end positions, then the errors will accumulate.
If you allow it to reach an end position ever so often, then the fibaro and the physical blinds get back in sync.
Your problem may be solved by fully closing the blinds once per day.

1 Like

@cplnobbs Thank you for the great explanation. That sounds logical. I will test it with full closing the blinds once per day.

Hi guys, made little tutorial based on my experience

1 Like