Rollershutter Group positioning

It means multiple timers scheduled for the same future instant in time will not work, only one.

Your rule creates three timers all for now + 8 seconds, and does it quick enough that they all target the same instant.

Avoid by adding plusMillis(10) to your second timer, plusMillis(20)to the third, etc.

OK, understood. Can you give me a hint, where and how to best add the plusMillis(20) to the third and fourth timer?

You might start by looking at where you put the plusSeconds(xx) and literally typing .plusMillis(zz) right afterwards. Itā€™s really not that difficult to help yourself find out these things.

Also think about your values, the purpose here is to slightly offset each one, not delay them by exactly the same amount.

That solved it. Thank you very much.

Out of interest, have you a fairly powerful machine to manage to create several timers in same millisecond?
I suspect this bug has bĆØen there all the time in OH2 but not many encounter it. Circumstance isnā€™t likely to start with, and then a plodding pi probably canā€™t manage to do the creation fast enough.

I run OpenHAB on a Windows Netbook, maybe indeed a bit more powerful than a RasPiā€¦

1 Like

Hi all -

Iā€™ve developed a ā€œprofileā€ function which will add absolute position commands to blinds (i.e. Somfy and others) which do not natively support (vs. having to use scripts to do this). This wills support any number of Rollershutters so you wonā€™t have to worry about staggering your timers. To use:

Rollershutter KitchenShade	"Kitchen Shade"	{channel="somfymylink:shade:a56d1a8581:CC10915D-1:shadelevel" [profile="rollershutter:rollershutter-position", uptime=9.5, downtime=9.5] }

I will submit this to the openhab repository when/if some testing can be done by folks.

Thanks,
Jeff