Rollershutters stops operating with Alexa today, direction inverted

Could you please give me the exact oposite example of my .items configuration

You could configure these items as {alexa="Shutter"} which defaults to the PositionState attribute.

However there is a known issue that Amazon is currently looking to fix that will prevent from controlling such device in the Alexa app.

Other than that, it should set the correct direction out of the box and UP/DOWN commands will be sent instead of specific percentage values on open/close requests.

@jeshab

Could you please give me the exact oposite example of my .items configuration?

Thanks a lot.

You don’t want to try the new syntax? :smiley:

No, not yet. My wife will kill me if this will not run within the next 30 minutes… :wink:

The solution I gave you will fix it in less time :smiley: as long as the Alexa app control is not a requirement.

Standard semantic mappings => actionMappings="Close=0,Open=100,Lower=(-10),Raise=(+10)", stateMappings="Closed=0,Open=1:100"

1 Like

No, it’s not required. I only use voice commands or openHAB App.

I’ll try the given changes and post the results here.

Thanks so far. :slight_smile:

I’ve changed the .items file, like in your suggestion, but unfortunately it did not help.

Did you trigger a discovery after making the change? Which change did you make?

This changes:

No, did no discovery. Is this necessary?

Not meaning to hijack folks, in a similar situation here. Happy to provide .items and .rules (if that would help). Running OpenHab 2.5 on a Raspberry Pi with 2 Somfy roller blinds controlled via RFXTRX.

Yes. The skill only works currently on a poll basis. So the Alexa side won’t know any configuration changes you made in OH until you trigger a discovery.

That’s actually a minimum requirement :smiley: Please provide that information and any details that would help narrow down the issue. Thanks.

Came here for the same issue.

Glad to know my wife isn’t the only one which is angry about this change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feared the duplicates, but now I’ve triggered the discovery. No duplicates, no new devices, but it seems that the devices were updated.

Now it is running again. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re too kind Jeremy! Thank you

.item definition

Rollershutter Down_Stairs_Blind  "Down Stairs Blind" {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="INTERIOR_BLIND", friendlyNames="@Setting.Opening", supportedRange="0:100", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=0,Open=100", stateMappings="Closed=0,Open=1:100"]}

.rule defintion

rule "Down Stairs Voice Control"
when
    Item Down_Stairs_Blind received command
then
    logInfo("Down_Stairs_Blind", "Downstairs Blind Voice Control")
    if (receivedCommand > 50)
    {
      sendCommand(rfxcom_rfy_b6a20466_shutter, UP)
logInfo("Down_Stairs_Blind", "Downstairs Blind going up")
    }
    else
    {
      sendCommand(rfxcom_rfy_b6a20466_shutter, DOWN)
logInfo("Down_Stairs_Blind", "Downstairs Blind going down")
    }
end

Hope that makes some sense. WAF is diminishing here. Probably should have said, the way it “used” to work was by saying, “Alexa, close downstairs blind” (and it would go down) and conversely “Alexa, open downstairs blind” (and it would go up).

So what is your experience currently? inverted or not working?

If inverted, you would need to invert receivedCommand < 50 in your rule or update the semantic mappings metadata parameters as I mentioned above.

Anyway, you certainly would benefit using the new syntax I mentioned above which will remove the need for your rule.

Rollershutter Down_Stairs_Blind  "Down Stairs Blind" {alexa="Blind"}

Alexa, open the down stairs blind => UP command sent
Alexa, close the down stairs blind => DOWN command sent
Alexa, stop the down stairs blind => STOP command sent

(Make sure to trigger a discovery after making the configuration change)

1 Like

I can confirm that the solution is working.

Old Syntax

{alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="INTERIOR_BLIND", friendlyNames="@Setting.Opening", supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)", stateMappings="Closed=100,Open=0:99"]}

New syntax

{alexa="Shutter"}

Thanks for the help.

Discovery after updating the items required.

Wife = Happy.

2 Likes

Sorry, was not clear, it’s no longer working via Alexa. Works just fine via PaperUI “Control” node. Trying your suggestion now (getting rid of the rule and adding the new syntax)

Nice! So the new syntax is not so daunting after all :smiley:

Keep in mind that you can use one of the window covering device type that matches your setup. I used Shutter above based on @Celaeno1 item definition.

Basically, Blind/Curtain/Shade are modeled as what was previously known as INTERIOR_BLIND category while Shutter/Awning as EXTERIOR_BLIND.