Rollershutters with Amazon Echo not working

Hi everyone

just wondering what I might be doing wrong in the following setup:

• I have KNX for mainly my lights and rollershutters
  • OH 3.1
  • OpenHAB Skill enabled for Amazon Echo.

Switching the lights with Amazon Echo is working without any issues. Also, I have temp sensors in KNX which also show the correct values in the Alexa App.
However, my roller shutters are not working. I have added the Alexa metadata (blinds), and when the rollershutters are open, they also show the correct percentage (0%), as well as when they’re closed (100%) - if the shutters are closed in any position in between, Alexa shows 100%.

More importantly, though, I cannot control the rollershutters wich Alexa, i.e. it doesn’t work through the app, nor with any voice command (open, close, or a percentage number).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Happy to supply any additional information…

I have configured

value: Blind
config: 
  category: EXTERIOR_BLIND

as item metadata alexa for a Rollershutter thing and I can say Alex, Rollo rechts 60% and the position changes. ZigBee blinds, but that shouldn’t matter. The Alexa App also shows the correct position.

Thanks @J-N-K , but that was not it.

It turned out that the KNX thing was configured incorrectly, i.e. the Alexa binding uses absolute positions, whereas right now I am controlling the rollershutters (in the UI of OH) only with “up/down/stop” - have to add the absolute position group address to the knx configuration, that should then get it working…

1 Like

Ciao, io non ho ancora risolto!
Mi potresti indicare come correggere il problema?
Saluti Massimo

Hi Massimo,

please use english as this is an international forum…

I guess, you’ve got the same or similar problem. please state your problem and post the ETS-configuration of the rollershutters as well as your openHAB configuration.

HI,
You are right.
Today I recover the ETS configuratio.
Below is one of my Things and an Item.

Type rollershutter   : TapparellaSala     "Tapparella Sala"     [ upDown="0/6/4" , stopMove="0/6/5" , position="" ]

Group            g_Tapparella       "Gruppo Tapparelle"      {alexa="Endpoint.EXTERIOR_BLIND"}
Rollershutter    TapparellaSala     "Tapparella Sala"         <rollershutter>   (g_Tapparella, g_piano_terra, g_sala)          ["Blinds"]          {channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:TapparellaSala", alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="INTERIOR_BLIND", friendlyNames="@Setting.Opening", supportedRange="0:100:50", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(-100),Raise=(+100)", stateMappings="Closed=100,Open=0:99"]}

please also state your problem. What I can see, you didn’t configure a “position” GA, which means, you only can use “up”/“down” or “stop”. the “actionMappings” can’t do anything in that case.