RRD4J.CFG - Can we define members of groups in <defname>.items

Hi,

Instead of defining individual items, can we use group of items to be included in .items. Following is my example, and it doesn’t seem to work

item.items

Group gPH
Group gSesbState

Switch sesb_status “SESB Status [MAP(sesb.map):%s]” (gPH, gSesbState)

rrd4j.cfg

sesbstate.def=GAUGE,300,0,1,60
sesbstate.archives=AVERAGE,0.5,5,8064
sesbstate.items=gSesbState*

Using the * should tell OH a group is used.
However I believe your of archives is wrong. You are missing a correct archive 1 that persists a value every minute, without that you can’t take averages over 5 minutes ( at least I think so). An archive 1 holding the values of the last 5 minute should do.
Do you see any .rrd files created?

I saw other red files are created and not this sesbstate. Actually, for the archive I don’t even know whether I understand the not so great written document with little examples

The .rrd files should have the name of the items!

Ok thanks. .rrd file is created. From debug log i could see “Store xxx in .rrd” (see below) but nothing really store in there. When I use rrdtool dump … file is not correct. I guess nothing is stored in there.

19:38:00.083 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘tmnflamingo_ph_pump2_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.099 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bukitsetia_ph_pump1_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.111 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘tmnflamingo_ph_pump1_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.125 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bktsepanggar_ph_pump1_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.135 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘luckyheight_ph_pump2_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.148 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘tmnflamingo_ph_sesb_status’ with state ‘ON’ in rrd4j database (again)
19:38:00.153 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘tmnflamingo_ph_sesb_status’ with state ‘1’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.171 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘luckyheight_ph_pump1_status’ with state ‘2’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.184 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bktsepanggar_ph_pump2_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.199 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bktsepanggar_ph_pump3_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.208 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bukitsetia_ph_pump2_status’ with state ‘0’ in rrd4j database
19:38:00.221 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bktsepanggar_ph_sesb_status’ with state ‘ON’ in rrd4j database (again)
19:38:00.226 [DEBUG] [rsistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Stored ‘bktsepanggar_ph_sesb_status’ with state ‘1’ in rrd4j database

I believe you can NOT use the rrdtool.
I the log says a state 0 or 1 is stored, the persistence has stored it.What makes you think it didn’t store?

Correction. the graph seems working but persistence is not working. When i query persistenace via rest/persistence/items, i am getting empty content.

If you did changes to the .cfg the deletion of the old .rrd files and restarting OH is suggested in the docs.
Reading your log printouts it seems you have set the DEBUG level for rrd4j. What are the entries when starting OH?