RRD4J - Could not persist 'xxx' to rrd4j database: Invalid value for ConsolFun

Hi all,

since the upgrade to OH3.2.1-RC1 I get this error:

2021-12-18 12:28:02.289 [WARN ] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not persist 'VacuumOG_CleaningFinished' to rrd4j database: Invalid value for ConsolFun

The value in the item is either 0 or 1.

The weird thing is the failure only happens for this device, I have the same measurement for a second Vacuum and it does not happen there.

Thanks for reading, any Ideas?
/Franz

The question is from which Version you did the upgrade.
IMHO the WARN points to a changed rrd4j setup ( changed from before upgrade to after it). I would guess this item was once defined differently for rrd4j ( the warning tells that the to be persisted value can’t be processed using the intended consolidation function).
Easy solution: let openHAB create a new ( empty) database file for this item by deleting the existing .rrd file. Yes, that will delete the old data.
If you want to keep the old data, just ignore the WARN, it is just a warning!
You did not tell whether anything gets persisted for this item now! The answer to that one could lead ways to solve it.

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for that feedback. It’s not so hard for me to delete that file but it’s somehow strange why it happenend at all.
To your question, I’ve updated from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0-RC1 that’s why I reported that issue here.

BR
/Franz