RRD4J - dont chart contact item like before

After upgrade Openhab from 2.5 to 3.2 rrd4j stop chart of my open/closed door contact, when the door is open for less than a minute . This is on debian based linux-Armbian. But when I put same configuration on Openhab 3.2 on Windows , rrd4j chart work like before on 2.5 .

The file folder structure is different for *nix and Windows, same file (rrd4j.persist?) needs to go in different folders.

Yes, I know that. I do everetyng right…folder structure and all . Everetyng else work like charm exept contacts and switches, that change status less than minute. My english is very bad… I try explane with pictures:
On Openhab 3.x when open and close door more than a minute I got this
Untitled
when open and close door for 20 seconds in DEBUG logs everything OK , but in chart
got this
Untitled2

On Openhab 2.5 when open door even for 5 seconds always got
Untitled

1 Like

what is the content of your persistence strategy ? Do you write every change or samples every n-th minutes ?

1 Like

rrd4j.persist :

Strategies {
everyMinute:“0 * * * * ?”
everyHour : “0 0 * * * ?”
everyDay : “0 0 0 * * ?”
default = everyChange
}

Items {
front_door : strategy = everyMinute , everyChange , restoreOnStartup
}

I copy/paste all config files sitemap, items, persist…and all from OH2.5 to OH3.xx and on OH3
not work as expected

I don’t think that your secondary setup (on windows or what the like) will show this behaviour consistently.
As @Wolfgang_S asked, we would need to know how your rrd4j is really setup (.config and .persist).

As for openHAB 3:
Assuming you are using the default setup of rrd4j (i.e. no custom archives) numeric values are consolidated with the “LAST” function. The value provided by openHAB (by the used strategy like everyChange, everyMinute etc) will be persisted into the DB every 10 seconds. If the used strategy would have provided several values in that timeframe the LAST one would be taken.
Each chart with a timeframe of less then a week will provide data for each 10 second step.

In OH 2 the default setup would be consolidated with the “AVERAGE” function. The value provided by openHAB (by the used strategy like everyChange, everyMinute etc) will be persisted into the DB every 60 seconds. If the used strategy would have provided several values in that timeframe the AVERAGE would be taken.
Each chart with a timeframe of less then 8 houres will provide data for each 60second step. Longer timeframes will be present data that is consolidated further.

1 Like

Yes, I have default setup of rrd4j and now understood different from OH2 to OH3…but how to make on OH3 to be consolidated with the “AVERAGE” function?

How about reading the docs? They were written on purpose.

Yes, now reading but english is not my strongest point. Many thanks for guidance!

1 Like

If you have question, please ask!

1 Like

OK, I found solution, now everything works exelent. THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!