RRD4J Persistence strange error

I am getting this error

Script execution of rule with UID 'Persistence-1' failed: rrd4j does not allow querys without a begin date, unless order is descending and a single value is requested in Persistence

when executing this rule

rule "Testrule"
when
    //something happened
then
    logInfo("Persistence", item.previousState(true, "rrd4j").state.toString)
end

My rrd4j.persist

Strategies {
    everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
    default = everyChange
}

Items {
    * : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute
}

My .items

Number item "item" {
    channel="channelinfo"

I am using two persistence services. MapDB and RRD4J. MapDB is configured as standard service.
So, what am i doing wrong? I am trying to get HistoricItem from an rrd4j persisted item. I am calling the previousState right and it is a numerical item. What is happening?
The state is with a dot. e.g. “11.0”

It seems that rrd4j can’t handle such request.

Edited! Removed a wrong statement. .maximumSince and .minimumSince areworkingwith rrd4j!

But thats a simple request supposed to work, right?

I do not think previousState(true) works with rrd4j. Not all the functions work with all the databases e.g. averageSince() cannot work with MapDB

Can you recommend a Persistence service which is easy to setup, stores historicitem and maybe does not grow in size?

I would live to see an embedded version of a persistence service doing that. Influxdb is not working for me, as the openhabian-config installer does not finish the installprocess.

I do not know of any that meet this list of requirements.

Maybe just a Persistence thats easy to setup and is able to return historicitem?

rrd4j can do that, historicState() works.

If you must use previousState(true), influxdb would be a sensible selection.

Yes, i need the previousState(true), but i am unable to install influxdb due to some openhabian-config errors

It works for other people, so that can probably be fixed. You might start another thread about influxdb and describe the errors.