RRDJ Graphs no longer working after Backup / Restore

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

Iā€™m using Proxmox LXC for both openHAB2.5 and openHAB3. When openHAB1 was my main system, I used the xen Hypervisor for virtualization and PV (paravirtualization) for openHAB.
I never had permanent problems with rrd4j (but of course there were some problems solved by deleting the *rrd files). I never needed to do any tweaking to openHAB :slight_smile:
As of graphing with rrd4j, did you ensure rrd4j is using at least everyMinute as persistence strategy? This is the most common mistake when using graphing with rrd4j.

In question of USB to LXC, itā€™s a bit tricky - and afaik itā€™s not configurable through Proxmox UI (yet?). If I remember it correct, I used this tutorial successfully (just as prove of concept, as I donā€™t need USB for now): Proxmox: USB Passthrough fĆ¼r LXC Container (Z-Wave UZB1) | coldcorner.de

Second most common mistake; not having default persistence service set to rrd4j.
Worth checking in your ā€˜restoredā€™ OH, perhaps even worth changing and changing back in case things need to happen in some order.

1 Like

Did so already as well. The service had been set to rrdj, then changed it to something else, bootet and set it back to rrdj, booting again. No success.

Again, the files are getting written, it ist just that the sitemap does show the ā€œbroken documentā€ icon instead of the graphs.

Nobody had a look at the output I posted in my first post ? It says

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /rrdchart.png. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

So I donā€™t know where to look for that rrdchart.png, otherwise I would have a look if maybe the access rights are scewed up or something elseā€¦

Thanks for the update. The file-deletion thing has been taken care of before the posting already :wink:

The strategy-config has been copied over (on OH3) and been restored (OH 2.5) as part of the openhabian-backup and -restore process I did. So yes, it is set like this (as it was on the old system):

Strategies {
everyMinute : ā€œ0 * * * * ?ā€
everyHour : ā€œ0 0 * * * ?ā€
everyDay : ā€œ0 0 0 * * ?ā€
default = everyMinute
}

Items {
gMesswerte* : strategy = everyMinute, everyUpdate
gStrom* : strategy = everyMinute, everyUpdate
gTempWohnen* : strategy = everyMinute, everyUpdate
gEnergy* : strategy = everyMinute, everyUpdate
}

Just to make sure ( since you didnā€™t state that one), what is the system setting for default persistence set to?
Your request for a chart does not state the to be used persistence service, so it wouldrely on the default setting.

Persistence is set to rrdj.

To me it looks like there is a problem with the Java stackā€¦but I am no developer, so pure guessing

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /rrdchart.png. Reason:

Server Error
Caused by:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.rrd4j.graph.RrdGraphConstants

I did a search for ā€œrrd4j error font dataā€, the problem seemsto be related to the installed Java Version. Which one does your actual system use?

What I do not get: I have 2 container, 1 x OH 2.5 and 1 x OH 3.
The OH 2.5 config has been restored via the openhabian backup and restore from a WORKING config.
The OH 3 config has been done manually, I only copied things, items, rules, sitemaps and service files, so no data at all.

BOTH are showing the questionmark now in the sitemap (before it was the broken document icon).

openhabian@Jarvis:~$ java -version

openjdk version ā€œ11.0.11ā€ 2021-04-20 LTS

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.48+21-CA (build 11.0.11+9-LTS)

OpenJDK Server VM Zulu11.48+21-CA (build 11.0.11+9-LTS, mixed mode)

The one that had been installed by openhabian-install script

Maybe I should try to reinstall it?

Itā€™s working! I stopped OH2, used openhabian-config to select ZULU11 64 Bit as default Java provider, started OH2 again and the graphs are there !

openhabian@Jarvis:~$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.41+23-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu11.41+23-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS, mixed mode)

So seems to me the openhabian install script messed up Java installation on both machinesā€¦?

Edit: Checked it on the OH3 container. Installing Java 11 via Openhabian-Config did the job there as well

Edit 2: Seems the installed version had been downgraded from 11.0.11 to 11.0.8ā€¦

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :slight_smile:

And thanks for anybody else for helping me out here :+1: