Rule error (Fail to execute rule)

Hello everybody,

i was confused by the error i will get, When i replace my sunscreen instead of lights (zwave devices) it will work. But when i will close my sunscreens every night at 00.30 when whe forgot them.
I get an error:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2017-08-06 21:53:26.043 [ERROR] [.automation.core.internal.RuleEngine] - Fail to execute rule ‘[rule_2, null]’: java.lang.NullPointerException
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

Does somebody know why and maybe the trick how to solve it.

Hello,

I’ve tested it by push the play button and the it fires the command. But when i use the optoin "time of the day"it won’t work. And it will produce an error.

You need to show the rule that’s failing. Not likely anyone can help you without that.

[edit: I just realized I assumed you wrote a rule because of the error you’re seeing. Is that the case, or are you not using any custom rules?]

Hell Nammraccr,

Sorry for my late reaction. Here is my rule…
Normally is the time 00:30 but for the test i will change the trigger time to now.

2017-08-09 17:33:21.028 [RuleStatusInfoEvent ] - rule_2 updated: RUNNING
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2017-08-09 17:33:21.030 [ERROR] [.automation.core.internal.RuleEngine] - Fail to execute rule ‘[rule_2, null]’: java.lang.NullPointerException
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2017-08-09 17:33:21.046 [RuleStatusInfoEvent ] - rule_2 updated: IDLE

So when i push the rule by pressing the play button. It will role…the sunscreen will go up.
But when i use the time trigger. It doesn’t work.

Hi,

Update… also the normal rules won’t work. The most simple rule won’t work. What i’m doing wrong?
To turn the light in the kitchen off. To test the rules if it works.

Must i only used code rule’s instead of the webgui?

I never knew there was a UI for rules before I saw this.

To debug, you’ll probably need to capture and review a debug log.