Rule messes with sitemap, rollershutter becomes switch

  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage rPi 3
    • openHAB version: openhabian 2.2

Issue of the topic: I got multiple rollershutter items, which are perfectly useable in BasicUI and Android APP.
We do have some fly screen doors which tend to fly open, when there is a lot of wind, so in the past, we always used the Homematic Control to trigger a program to set the rollershutters to close for 2% so the doors where “locked in”.

Now I switched to openhab and wanted to create a similar button in my sitemap, but as soon as I define that button, the rollershutter buttons turn from the “UP,X,DOWN” (where UP and DOWN are arrow keys) to a slider, which is not useable.
As soon as I uncomment the lines below the comments
//Sturmschutz Erker and //Schlitzlüften Erker
, the rollershutters become unusable.

Does anyone have an idea, how this happens?

.items file

	//Rollladen Erker Links
	Rollershutter Rollladen_ErkerLinks "Rollladen Erker Links [%d%%]" (gRolllaeden,gErdgeschoss,gWohnzimmer,gRolllaedenErker,gRolllaedenErkerSpecial)["Lighting"] { channel="homematic:HM-LC-Bl1-FM:704745df:NEQ1688388:1#LEVEL" } 
	//Rollladen Erker Mitte
	Rollershutter Rollladen_ErkerMitte "Rollladen Erker Mitte [%d%%]" (gRolllaeden,gErdgeschoss,gWohnzimmer,gRolllaedenErker,gRolllaedenErkerSpecial) ["Lighting"]{ channel="homematic:HM-LC-Bl1-FM:704745df:NEQ1557297:1#LEVEL" } 
	//Rollladen Erker Rechts
	Rollershutter Rollladen_ErkerRechts "Rollladen Erker Rechts [%d%%]" (gRolllaeden,gErdgeschoss,gWohnzimmer,gRolllaedenErker,gRolllaedenErkerSpecial)["Lighting"] { channel="homematic:HM-LC-Bl1-FM:704745df:NEQ1557012:1#LEVEL" } 
	//Gruppe Rolllaeden Erker
	Group:Rollershutter:OR(UP, DOWN, STOP) gRolllaedenErkerSpecial "Rollläden Erker [%d%%]" <rollershutter> (gRolllaeden)["Lighting"]

	//Sturmschutz Erker
	Switch	Rolllaeden_Sturmschutz_Switch "Sturmschutz"["Lighting"] icon="wind"
	//Schlitzlüften Erker
	Switch	Rolllaeden_Schlitzlueften_Switch "Schlitzlüften"["Lighting"] icon="flow"


        Switch item=Rollladen_ErkerLinks label="Rollladen Erker Links [%d%%]" 
	Switch item=Rollladen_ErkerMitte label="Rollladen Erker Mitte [%d%%]" 
	Switch item=Rollladen_ErkerRechts label="Rollladen Erker Rechts [%d%%]" 
        **Switch item=Rolllaeden_Sturmschutz_Switch label="Sturmschutz Erker" icon="wind"**
**	Switch item=Rolllaeden_Schlitzlueften_Switch label="Lüften Erker" icon="flow"**

.rule file


//Sturmschutz fuer die Fenster im Erker
rule "Sturmschutz" 
    Item Rolllaeden_Sturmschutz_Switch received command
    if (receivedCommand == ON) {
	else {

//Lüften der Fenster im Erker
rule "Schlitzlueften" 
    Item Rolllaeden_Schlitzlueften_Switch received command
    if (receivedCommand == ON) {
	else {

In the item definitions for Rolllaeden_Sturmschutz_Switch and Rolllaeden_Schlitzlueften_Switch, the icon format is incorrect. Use <wind>.Instead of icon=“wind”.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I had a feeling it was something like a stupid formatting or syntax error.
You helped me a lot. :slight_smile:

You are very welcome! Try the Designer or VS Code extension… they catch things like this very easily.