Rule not working after update

I have a few rules relating to presence detection. One of them is not working after doing an update on OpenHAB2 the other day. I don’t see any error messages in the log when this rule should execute. This rule is suppose to turn on the Home or Away switch when any of the sensors receive an on message. The switch stays in the Off (Away) position when I come home. If any one has any ideas how to fix let me know.

rule "Presence Detected"
 when
        Item GPresenceDetectors received update
 then
        try {
              lock.lock

val isPresent = GPresenceDetectors.allMembers.filter(s | s.state == ON).size > 0
           // Someone came home
           if(isPresent && homeoraway.state != ON) {
              logInfo("Presence", "Someone is home")
              homeoraway.sendCommand(ON)
              ReportTimer.sendCommand(ON)
           }

}
              catch(Throwable t){
                 logError("Presence", "Error processing BTPresence update: " + t)
              }
                 finally {
                   lock.unlock
                 }
 end

Do you see this rules file being loaded when OH starts or the file changes in openhab.log? Do you see any errors in the logs?

Hi Rich,
According to my logs the rules files are all being loaded at startup. I don’t see any error messages at all. I run this command at startup: tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log -f /var/log/openhab2/events.log to check the logs. This rule has been working perfectly until I did a “sudo apt-get update” and “sudo apt-get upgrade” the other day. I have been really happy with how OpenHAB2 was running and really haven’t been playing around with any my rules lately. They’ve been working great.
I do import the filing items:

import java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock
 import org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DateTimeType

Do I need these in OpenHAB2 still?

You don’t need the second import any more. The first one is still required.

Add a log statement as the first line of the rule to see if the rule is firing at all.

Watch events.log to verify the events are occurring on the items that drive the rule.

I figured it out after searching more on the site for group rules. I changed my group description in the items file from

Group GPresenceDetectors "Occupancy Group Rules"
to
Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) GPresenceDetectors "Occupancy Group Rules"

Not sure why it worked before.