Rules File Help for ADB FireStick

Great, thanks for sharing. I am differently interested in seeing the finished product.

no luck getting this working better yet?

1 Like

trying to get it working without success, you can give an example of your items file? thanks in advance

I have since moved into a new place and havenā€™t had much time to work on this. I have quite a bit of time in the upcoming weeks, and plan on nuking the entire automation system and starting from scratch to clean it up. Iā€™ll post in this thread again once I get the system working.

1 Like

Iā€™ve moved since the original thread posts. I plan on starting from scratch in the next few weeks and will further optimize the implementation of this. Iā€™ll post a guide on it once Iā€™ve got it working. (If you donā€™t see something in this thread by january bug me about itā€¦)

1 Like

ok, thank you very much, i will stay tuned on this post, i have all the scripts working from terminal, i had implement other commands too, if you need it will share it here

2 Likes

Have any updates?

Is it possible to turn on tv with custom rule ? If yes what would be the rule.

With my current tv binding and can control everything from OH as soon the tv is switched on, but OH wonā€™t switch on tv in the first place - my tv doesnā€™t not support WOL.
So if I could get fire stick tv to turn on this unit that would be brilliant, saves me a hassle going down broadlink solution.