Rules Trigger every item in group but 1

Hey all,

I have a very simple question, is it possible to use rules to tigger every item in a group except for 1?

Simple answer: no

Okay thanks. i know i can create a separate group without the one item in it and trigger that group or list every item individually but wanted to know if there was an easier way.

With an If / else Statement its possible.
You must Loop it with all Members of the Group

if (your_group.name.toString != "Item Name that not Trigger")

This rule turns off all the lights in the apartment, but the lights in the living room donā€™t when the TV is on. I hope you can write your rule with it :slight_smile: Of course you can also do it without a timer, I have the timer in it because I have many radio actuators.

var Timer timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten = null
var Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten = 0

rule "Komplette Beleuchtung mit Ausnhamen ausschalten"
when
  Item Komplette_Beleuchtung_AUS changed from OFF to ON
then
  Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten = 0
  timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten = createTimer(now.plusMillis(100), [|
    Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten += 1
      if(Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten <= gLight.members.size) {
        var gLight_item = gLight.members.sortBy[name].get(Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten -1)
        if(gLight_item.state == ON) {
          if (gLight_item.name.toString == "Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Schrank_Switch" || gLight_item.name.toString == "Stehlampe_Wohnzimmer_Sofa_Switch") {
        if (TV_Main_Switch_WZ.state == OFF && Apple_TV_Main_Switch_WZ.state == OFF){
              gLight.members.sortBy[name].get(Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten -1).sendCommand(OFF)
              timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten.reschedule(now.plusMillis(200))
        }
          } else {
              gLight.members.sortBy[name].get(Counter_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten -1).sendCommand(OFF)
              timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten.reschedule(now.plusMillis(200))
      }
    } else {
            timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten.reschedule(now.plusMillis(10))
          }
      } else {
          timer_Komplette_Beleuchtung_mit_Ausnhamen_ausschalten = null
      }
  ])
end
1 Like

Using a ā€œMember ofā€ trigger, the rule will trigger when any member changes/updates, so the answer to your question is no. However, you can trigger on all members and ignore the times when a particular Item causes the triggerā€¦

from core.rules import rule
from core.triggers import when

@rule("Test rule")
@when("Member of gMotion changed")
def motion_sensor_changed(event):
    if event.itemName != "Item_I_Dont_Want_To_Trigger_This_Rule_On":
        # do stuff
3 Likes

Hey guys, thank you very much for the responses! I think i might have misspoken when i wrote the title . let me elaborate a bit on what i want to do.

I have a leaving scene that turns off all lights but i want it to turn off all lights except for the one above the exterior door (so i can set the alarm and see when its dark outside). In a perfect world the rule would say ā€˜turn all lights in Group_name off except for Light_Nameā€™

Kevinā€™s @ei_Gelb_Geek example has the parts you need.
How to iterate through the members of a group, how to compare the name of an Item to single it out.

1 Like

Thanks! I am somewhat new so ill check it out.

Thereā€™s more in that example than you need, but if you can grow your own rule stage by stage youā€™ll get something out of the exercise.
See also

1 Like