Rules triggering per log, but Item State not updated

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: VMware ESXi with Aeotec Zwave Stick, 768 MB RAM, 1 2.4 GHz CPU
    • Java Runtime Environment: Latest Oracle Java 1.8.0_151
    • openHAB version: 2.1 Stable up to current Snapshot

I am having a strange issue where I have some simple rules, and the rules fire in the events log to set the state of the item to OFF/ON, but the device itself never turns off.

If I use the App/GUI/Alexa whatever else it turns the item off as expected when clicking the toggle.

PaperUI shows that the item has been turned off if it is triggered by the rule, but the device remains on. I can toggle it back on in the GUI, then off and it actually turns off.

This is happening with both Zwave outlets/switches as well as TPLink WiFi devices

I have a Zwave Thermostat which seems to be working fine with the rules, so I am at a loss as to why this is happening.

Sample Rule

// This rule file is autogenerated by HABmin.
// Any changes made manually to this file will be overwritten next time HABmin rules are saved.

// Imports
import org.openhab.core.library.types.*
import org.openhab.core.persistence.*
import org.openhab.model.script.actions.*
import org.joda.time.*

// Global Variables

rule "Living Room Lamp"
when
Time cron "0 * * * * ?"
or
Item LocalSun_Sun_State changed
then
  if (((new LocalTime().getLocalMillis()) >= (new LocalTime(0, 1, 0, 0).getLocalMillis()))) {
if ((LocalSun_Sun_State.state == "DAYLIGHT")) {
  postUpdate(LivingRoomLamp_Switch, OFF)
}
  }
end

Excerpt from Events.log when command is executed
2017-12-12 15:56:19.257 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LivingRoomLamp_Switch’ received command ON
2017-12-12 15:56:19.264 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoomLamp_Switch changed from OFF to ON
2017-12-12 15:57:00.015 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoomLamp_Switch changed from ON to OFF

I never see the items get the command, but OpenHab seems to think the device states changed

Ignore this, I was using the wrong command in the editor…

Problem was between the keyboard and chair…

Just a note. You should have none of those imports in OH 2.