Russound rnet

I just restarted openhab and I get the same issue as before (on a restart) - missing that library

that is odd, because I believe that dependency was there before I started. I wonder if it is a timing issue with the bundle getting started before your openhab has loaded all the dependenciesā€¦

Just uinstalled yours and reinstalled my latest one - latest one started up fine and is visible. Iā€™d do a compare on the manifest.mf file and see what changed (including line endings)

thanks for the help.

Actually - I just opened your manifest.mf - definitely the issue:

Import-Package: com.google.common.collect,com.google.gson,com.google.g
 son.annotations,com.google.gson.reflect,com.google.gson.stream,org.ap
 ache.commons.lang,org.apache.commons.net.util,org.eclipse.jetty.clien
 t,org.eclipse.jetty.client.api,org.eclipse.jetty.util.component,org.e
 clipse.smarthome.config.core,org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery,o
 rg.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.th
 ing,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding,org.eclipse.smarthome.co
 re.thing.binding.builder,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type,org.ec
 lipse.smarthome.core.types,org.openhab.binding.russound,org.osgi.fram
 ework,org.slf4j

Looks like stuff is being cut off

Tim,

What do you see is being cut off? I see the CR LF s are gone, but other than that it looks fine. Or is that the entire Manifest file for you? I checked another binding (Insteonplm) and it also has the crlfs missing form the import-package section.

Yeah - ignore my comment (had an issue on my side). So itā€™s back to the original issue - net.util isnā€™t found

Tim,

I wonder if your maven repository has been corrupted somehow. You think you could blow it away and restart and let openhab reload all the libs?

Did you take a look at Karaf to see if you have that bundle loaded?

That being said if your original binding works I canā€™t understand thatā€¦because it depends on that dependency too.

I seem to have a bug still in some config parsing, so maybe just hold off until I get it better tested here, so we donā€™t waste your time unnecessarily.

Ok, the rnet seems to be working well for me now.

Should I still be trying the link above?

Tim,

Ya, that link is for the latest successful build on my build server, so it should always get the latest good build.

There will be another build there in about 10 minutes, but if you donā€™t have RNet you wonā€™t see changes. It now auto-generates the zones based on input of # controllers and # zones per controller when setting up the rnet connection.

Next I am going to make it all work for serial connections instead of these tcp proxied connections.

Then I can add the other channels to zone I havenā€™t gotten to. e.g. balance, treble, etc.

this sounds great!

Just tried to download the latest and the server seems to be offline

Ya, having issues with that location. I am working on making downloads available from my google drive account.

Iā€™ll let you know when I have it solved.

ok, my server is back alive. you can download it again.

Fresh install from the latest snapshot - still same issue (unresolved requirement - org.apache.commons.net.util). On another binding, I remember I had that issue as well - I ended up just rewrite the code that used that package to remove the requirement.

Hi Tim,

That dependency is from RioSystemDiscovery, not anything I wrote. Are you clearing out your maven dependency downloads, seems that might be a problem in there.

Interesting - something still must be wrong because I can drop the older jar and it starts up without any issues. Iā€™ll see if I can do some diag. on my endā€¦

ya, diagnosing this stuff can be so painful. good luck, let me know if I can help out.