Safe Transfer of OpenHab Installation

Hi =)

I have to give up on my flat and leave in my openhab installation. As I have lots of logins stored there (openweathermap, Gardena, Amazon etc.). I wanted to discuss with the community the safest way to hand over my installation, without giving out any login-informations. The z-wave informations can stay, as they are not sensitive when I’m not living there anymore.

The following things I have done:

1. I changed the username and password of the RPI itself
  2. I changed the login on the openhab UI and deleted the old user
  3. I deleted all things that contained Passwords (from UI)
  4. I deleted all bindings that require bridges with passwords (like amazon binding etc. → also from UI)

Things that have to be done:

1. Delete cloud-connector binding so that the new user can reinstall it and get new uuid
  2. override empty sd-card space with random values (not too often)

Did I miss anything here? I know there is a automatic backup of things in openhab. can I delete all backups safely, and how to? How can I “force” openhab to make new backups, directly after I have deleted the old-ones etc…

Glad for any Help =) Great thanks =)

The automatic backups of the jsondb files are stored in /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/backup.
Should be safe to just remove the content.
According to the timestamp the files have it looks like automatic backups are created once a modification is begin done. E.g. create a new rule. A backup will be created. Delete a rule a new backup of the related json file will be created. See also JsonDB Storage | openHAB
Default path for backups created by openhab-cli is /var/lib/openhab/backups. You can remove these files. See also openHAB on Linux | openHAB

Keep in mind these kind of backup on the same disk does not replace a real offline backup.