Samsung TV Binding (Beta)

Hi

I have updated to openhab 4.0.4 but now the samsung pluging doenst working and see that only jar file is dor 4.1.0

There is some funky stuff going on with dependancy requirements for Openhab 4.1.

If you copy the 4.1.jar, and put it in the addons directory of Openhab 4.0, it won’t work. It is supposed to work if you install it via the marketplace.

If all of this fails, here is the 4.0 jar file (I know it says 4.1, but it works on 4.0).

https://github.com/NickWaterton/openhab-addons/releases/download/v1.16/org.openhab.binding.samsungtv-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

still not working ever gone to older version openhab and still not working any ideas

Have you ever had the binding working? Did it stop working when you upgraded?

If you have never had it working, read the documentation, there are lots of reasons why it might not work.

yes was working before i updated as it api key for smarthing runing

see not showing in the with your latest verison

Here are my TeamViewer ID number and connection password.
Please use them to start a remote support session with me.

TeamViewer ID: 1 331 347 462
Your password: pxwbje61

Not sure what that is a screen cap of,

Are you running OH 4.1? The 4.1 binding only works with OH4.1.

If you are running OH 4.0 or earlier, you need the earlier binding.

so have add samsungtv Binding (Beta) v1.15 can see it on the list by then get this

Problem is you haven’t even told me what version of Openhab you are running, so it’s hard to help.

For 4.0, you need the 4.0 binding (earlier will not work), for 4.1 you need the 4.1 binding (earlier will not work).

If you have OH 3.x, the 4.x binding will not work.

im running v4.00 becouse updated to 4.10 still had the problem

Then you need the V 1.16 binding I linked earlier.

Actually v1.15 should work as well.

Check the console and see what the status of the binding is. Do you have the UPNP transport installed?

have just add this and restarted openhab and still getting this

Go to the openhab console, and type list,

you should see something like this:

236 │ Active │  80 │ 4.1.0.202310301434     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: SamsungTV Binding

also make sure you have this:

291 │ Active │  80 │ 4.1.0.M2               │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: UPnP Transport

If the Binding is not Active, it means you are missing a dependency (like UPNP).

Post your console list here and I’ll take a look.

Ok, first problem is you have two samsungtv bindings installed. you need to remove one of them.

Ok, enter diag 252 and post what it says.

Ok, as I mentioned many times, you don’t have UPNP transport installed, as it tells you to do in the documentation.

enter

feature:install openhab-transport-upnp

and do list and diag 252 again.

all working now sorry