SamsungTV binding

Hi,
I just tried to connect my samsung tv with OH2 via files. It just worked fine when I use the binding-feature via PaperUI, but I want to customize the names for using amazon Echo. So I created the following files

samsungtv.thing
Thing samsungtv:tv:livingroom [hostName=“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”, port=55000, refreshInterval=1000]

samsungtv.items

Dimmer SamsungTV_Volume "Samsung TV - Lautstärke ändern" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:volume"}
Switch SamsungTV_Mute "Samsung TV - Stumm" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:mute"}
String SamsungTV_Source_Name "Samsung TV - Quellename" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:sourceName"}
Number SamsungTV_Channel "Samsung TV - Kanalnummer" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:channel"}
String SamsungTV_Program_Name "Samsung TV - Kanalname" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:channelName"}
String SamsungTV_Program_Title "Samsung TV - Programmtitel" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:programTitle"}
String SamsungTV_Key_Code "Samsung TV - Funktion aufrufen" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:keyCode"}
Switch SamsungTV_Power "Samsung TV - Ausschalten" {channel="samsungtv:tv:livingroom:power"}

and integrate it in my existing sitemap

Text label="Samsung TV" icon="video" {
Frame label="Samsung TV Control" {
Switch item=SamsungTV_Key_Code label="Kanal wechseln" icon="text" mappings=[KEY_CHUP="+", KEY_CHDOWN="-"]
Switch item=SamsungTV_Key_Code label="Lautstärke ändern" icon="text" mappings=[KEY_VOLUP="+", KEY_VOLDOWN="-"]
Switch item=SamsungTV_Key_Code label="Stumm" icon="text" mappings=[KEY_MUTE="ON", KEY_MUTE="OFF"]
Switch item=SamsungTV_Power label="Ausschalten"
} 
}

but the OH2 log said that the connection failed :frowning:

Any idea?

I left the thing from auto discovery and just added the items manually.

works fine… you might try to also create manual items from the auto discovered thing…,

your syntax looks fine

Your syntax looks good. You could try to add the label also (but it’s not mandatory):

Thing samsungtv:tv:livingroom "Living Room TV" @ "TV" [hostName="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", port=55000, refreshInterval=1000]

(note: the @ "TV" is the location parameter used for the PaperUI Control tab)

check the logs after you increase the level to DEBUG for the binding, using the openHAB console (ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 with password: habopen):

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.samsungtv

Additional notes:
Make sure that you have cleared your OH2 system from the previous auto discovered by PaperUI Samsung TV thing.
Use the PaperUI discovered thing name to avoid a discovery result popping up in your Inbox every time the TV is switched on :slight_smile:

Thing samsungtv:tv:0d1cef00_00dc_1000_8d3a_5056bf08cbbf "Living Room TV" @ "TV" [hostName="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", port=55000, refreshInterval=1000]

0d1cef00_00dc_1000_8d3a_5056bf08cbbf is mine… find yours in PaperUI inbox
Of course, update all your items with the new thing name :frowning: