Satel binding - support, announcements and feature requests

Hi @curius

You’re wrong: it contains 01 00 00 00, which means “partition #1” and the module accepts the command:

Got response: Message: command = EF, payload = 00

So it seems the partitnios got armed, but due to the bug mentioned above, you don’t get the information about current state. Could you confirm that?

Please update the binding as well, I hope it will solve the issue with arming mode 1 partition state.

Hi,

many thanks for your support, the fast reply and the update…

Absolutely PERFECT --> it works for me.
Just now I have tested my 3 arming modes and they all works like expected.

THANK you very much :wink:

Best regards from Austria
Christian

2 Likes

I also just updated the binding and I can also confirm the Mode 1 is now working. Thanks! I’ll probably do some more testing coming day (or better said,will be using it in real world situation).

Just one more thing, I believe that’s just by design by Satel, although can’t really find it documented…
Each alarm mode (0…3) will enable channel armed and only mode 1…3 will enable a second channel armed_mode1, armed_mode2 or armed_mode3. Is this correct?

As I want to use the armed state to determine whether we’re home, away or sleeping this mean I need to combine these fields. Armed AND Not(Armed_Mode1) => Away; Armed AND Armed_Mode1 => Sleep.

Finally one other question. The new wireless (AJAX2) sensors also support temperature reading measurement. These values are available in the Integrat App. As far as I can see this is not available as a channel yet. Correct?

Same behaviour in my alarm system → that’s correct in my opinion.
Armed AND Armed_Mode1 for me is “away”
Armed AND Armed_Mode2 or Mode3 for me is “@home

To determine my presence I only check “Armed_Mode1”… if this switch is ON, then I’m away…

Best regards
Chris

Well, “armed” means a partition is armed, regardless of the mode (actually it also means “arming in progress”). If you want to know arming mode, you need to check armed_mode1, etc. So yes, this is correct. :slight_smile:

I don’t have ABAX2, but I would try to add ATD-100 thing to your configuration. There is a chance it will work. Let me know if it helped.

Yes, can confirm that’s working. No problem if I have 2 things referring to the same zone number?

For sure not a problem for me. :wink:

It is not relevant how many things you have for one zone or partition. You can even have duplicated things (things of same type, but different IDs) and everything should work without problems.
However it would make sense to add a new thing types for these new ABAX2 devices. I’ll think about this.

1 Like

While fetching log entries occassionaly I see in my openhab.log some errors

1. 2020-01-18 13:41:25.991 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.command.SatelCommandBase] - Other error. Message: command = EE, payload = 02 00
  2. 2020-01-18 13:41:26.532 [INFO ] [el.internal.handler.SatelEventLogHandler] - Unsupported device kind code 9 at index 241800

‘kind 9’ AFAIK is sms sending (integra 128WRL).

apart from that messages, eventlog fetching works.

I’m using binding from openhab 2.5.1.

Thanks for the info. Decoding event log entries isn’t easy, mainly because protocol documentation is poor and unclear. The implementation is basing on what I’ve seen in my system, so not all possible cases are covered.

This means that the binding tried to read info for the user with index ‘0’, while it should be in range 1…255. Without further details I cannot say what is wrong. Maybe the binding should just skip user info when the index is ‘0’. If you spot in details channel text something like “…, user: N/A”, please send me the whole text. The best would be to have debug level on while getting event log entries to see all the communication between the binding and the system.

You’re right, but I don’t have WRL and I don’t know what information comes with this event. When this error appears, you should get undecoded text in ‘details’ channel in form: “kind=NNN, partition=MMMM, source=KKKKK, object=LLLLL, ucn=JJJJJ”. If you send me this text, I will be able to add support for kind 9 event log entries.

Thanks for detailed info.

as to the ‘payload = 02 00’ error, I dont have any user: N/A entries. I will enable debug logging and try to narrow it down. Can you help me how to get a separate satel debug log? I’m showing at the bottom of the message configuration I use for zwave to get it debug log.

From my memory I may have gaps in users in satel dloadx configuration (for example having user 2,3 and 5), and also not starting from the beggining. But I must to check it.

as to the sms kind9 message, here is Desc and Detail content:

satelLogDescription Powiadomienie SMS ok
satelLogDetails kind=9, partition=1, source=1, object=0, ucn=0

debug log:

log4j2.appender.zwave.append="true"                                                                                       
log4j2.appender.zwave.fileName="/var/log/openhab2/zwave.log"                                       
log4j2.appender.zwave.filePattern="/var/log/openhab2/zwave.log.%i.gz"                              
log4j2.appender.zwave.immediateFlush="true"                                                        
log4j2.appender.zwave.layout.pattern="%d{yyyy-MM-dd\ HH:mm:ss.SSS}\ [%-5.5p]\ [%-40.40c]\ -\ %m%n" 
log4j2.appender.zwave.layout.type="PatternLayout"                                                  
log4j2.appender.zwave.name="ZWAVE"                                                                 
log4j2.appender.zwave.policies.size.size="20MB"                                                    
log4j2.appender.zwave.policies.size.type="SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy"                               
log4j2.appender.zwave.policies.type="Policies"                                                     
log4j2.appender.zwave.strategy.max="1"                                                             
log4j2.appender.zwave.strategy.type="DefaultRolloverStrategy"                                      
log4j2.appender.zwave.type="RollingRandomAccessFile"
log4j2.logger.zwave.additivity="false"                                                                
log4j2.logger.zwave.appenderRef.out.level="INFO"                                                      
log4j2.logger.zwave.appenderRef.out.ref="LOGFILE"                                                     
log4j2.logger.zwave.appenderRef.zwave.ref="ZWAVE"                                                     
log4j2.logger.zwave.appenderRefs="zwave,out"                                                          
log4j2.logger.zwave.level="DEBUG"                                                                     
log4j2.logger.zwave.name="org.openhab.binding.zwave"

Just replace all “zwave” occurences with “satel” in your example and append this at the end of the log :wink:

Not very useful, looks like there is no additional information in this event.

as to the error, here is the log around the error. It may be related to my nonstandard usertable in my integra. everything else looks normal.

2020-01-27 20:07:42.489 [DEBUG] [ing.satel.internal.event.EventDispatcher] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [04,05,07,08,09,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1B,1C,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,2A,2B,2C,2D,2E,2F]
2020-01-27 20:07:42.495 [DEBUG] [ding.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Sending message: Message: command = EE, payload = 02 00
2020-01-27 20:07:42.933 [DEBUG] [ding.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Got response: Message: command = EF, payload = 08
2020-01-27 20:07:42.935 [INFO ] [.satel.internal.command.SatelCommandBase] - Other error. Message: command = EE, payload = 02 00
2020-01-27 20:07:42.944 [DEBUG] [el.internal.handler.SatelEventLogHandler] - Unable to read device info: USER, 0
2020-01-27 20:07:44.274 [DEBUG] [ding.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Sending message: Message: command = 7F, payload = 00
2020-01-27 20:07:44.484 [DEBUG] [ding.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Got response: Message: command = 7F, payload = B0 FB FF DB FF FF
2020-01-27 20:07:44.488 [DEBUG] [ing.satel.internal.event.EventDispatcher] - Distributing event: NewStatesEvent: changed = [04,05,07,08,09,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1B,1C,1E,1F,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,2A,2B,2C,2D,2E,2F]

as to the sms, yeah, it’s just log entry that sms sending was successful.

This is the end of the sequence, it starts with 8C command, then there should be 8E and finally one or more EE. One of those EE is in the presented log excerpt. Search back for “Message: command = 8C”.
If you don’t want to post it here, you can send me the log as PM.

I may be wrong. I think source=1 means “telephone nbr 1” and likely the details about it can be read with EE command. Will dig into this…

Hello @all!

I have a question regarding to the binding and outputs.
Is it principally possible to start my siren (inner-siren - wired) via openhab and the satel binding?

My siren has the output id 8 and I tried to add this information to the .things and .items file.

.things-file entry:

Thing output siren [ id=8]

.items-file entry:

Switch Innensirene "Innensirene" { channel="satel:output:home:siren:state" }

When I try to switch the item “Innensirene” to ON via Sitemap - nothing happens ;-(
Is there something wrong in my configuration or is it basically not possible to activate outputs?

Everything else works like a charm for me…

Many thanks for your support!
Best regards
Christian

Hey @curius
You can control only outputs of type bistable, monostable, etc. The ones you can control using Integra panel.
Additionaly the user configured in openHAB must have privilege #23 (controlling of BI, MONO, TEL outputs).

If both are valid in your case, please look in the log if there are any entries related to this output.

Hi @druciak

Thanks for this information.
I think my output is not from type mono- or bistable…
So i have to check my configuration.

Many thanks and best regards…
Christian

Likely it is connected to one of alarm signals, #2 or so.

If you would like to trigger it from openhab, you either:

1. Add BI output type 25 and virtual zone type 8 - alarm will be triggered by this output.
  2. Add BI output, add additional output of type you currently have your output with id=8, and change output id=8 to type 47 (“OR”) adding both previous outputs to list of triggering outputs.

The first one will trigger alarm, the second one will just turn the siren on.

Many thanks @druciak

That’s it :wink:
Works absolutely perfect!

Best regards from Austria
Chris

Hi,

I am trying to migrate to openhab2 version of the satel module though I am encountering connection issues I cannot seem to fix.
Java JCE is installed, though I am not using encryption for now. Here is my thing definition:

Bridge satel:ethm-1:home [ host="example.lan", refresh=5000, userCode="xxxxxx" ] {

Here are the errors in debug mode:

[.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Send/receive timeout, disconnecting module.
 [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Closing connection to ETHM-1 module
 [satel.internal.event.EventDispatcher] - Distributing event: org.openhab.binding.satel.internal.event.ConnectionStatusEvent: connected = false, reason = Send/receive timeout
 [.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Communication thread stopped
 [.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Communication thread started
 [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - Connecting to ETHM-1 module at example.lan:7094
 [.satel.internal.protocol.Ethm1Module] - ETHM-1 module connected successfully
 [.satel.internal.protocol.SatelModule] - Sending message: Message: command = 7C, payload =
 [.internal.handler.SatelBridgeHandler] - Module not initialized yet, skipping refresh

Satel1 module works fine with the same settings. Version 2 loops with the ebove messages. I tried not only disabling satel1 but uninstalling it, restarting openhab etc, nothing helped.
Reinstalling satel1 works immediately.

Do you have any idea what else I could try?

Thank you