"say" and "playsound" dosnt work

What is complicated on that? Do you have an account on Github?

We canā€™t assume everyone is a developer and has a github account and knows all about forking and Jekyll and all that stuffā€¦

Iā€™ve stumbled my way through because I want to help out.

I created a fork of the docs project. Edited the readme.md file and noticed the line shown in yellow below. What does that mean?

I went ahead anyway and made a very small change. I guess itā€™ll get lost or Iā€™ll get in trouble from someoneā€¦
Can anyone see my change? What happens next? If Iā€™ve done it wrong what should I be doing?

If you have done that via the browser as it seems you should see under the TextBox Holding the edited files ā€œPropose file Changeā€. Just put in a header for the change (Like the proposed ā€œUpdate README.mdā€) and some more description in the box below followed by your SignOff line like:

Signed-off-by: YourName YourEMail (github: yourGithubName)

Example: Signed-off-by: Juergen Baginski opus42@gmx.de (github: JueBag)

This Change will then be published as a PullRequest (PR) on Github and will be used for a snapshot as soon as it has been accepted by one of the maintainers.

Thanksā€¦ I think I was supposed to make the change to the readme in the openhab2-addons project and not the documentation projectā€¦

So Iā€™ve done that nowā€¦

Is there anything else I need to do based on the screenshot below? Do I need to click the green button to create a pull request or is it just waiting now for others to review and approve?

Sorry for missing the Point that your were editing in the openhab/docs.

Yes, you need to create the PullRequest (green button)

Argh looks like I didnā€™t ā€œsignā€ it properlyā€¦ Will have to remember to do that next timeā€¦ Not sure if I can edit my change and ā€œsignā€ it properly?

Congratulations for your first PR.
Although it seems that that has already been changed. I should have checked that on Github.

Yeah, that PR has been in the queue for quite some time. :frowning: If you see any other doc errors, please point them out here and Iā€™ll add them to the PR.

Note also that there is a breaking change in that PR ā€“ namely the removal of the notification volume channel, replacing it with a configuration parameter. That is being done to maintain consistency with Sonos, and also due to changes to the ESH API that allows the notification volume to be directly set in the actions APIs (e.g. say, playSound, etc.). See [audio] Improvements in Audio and Voice API by cweitkamp Ā· Pull Request #4963 Ā· eclipse-archived/smarthome Ā· GitHub

1 Like