Scheduled Runnable ended, out of memory

Since about a day, I’ve been having issues with my openhab not opening. I’m running it on a rpi4 and after checking the logs I found the following error messages:

2021-05-04 00:58:49.458 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

2021-05-04 01:00:43.960 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

2021-05-04 01:00:45.421 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

2021-05-04 01:04:48.898 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

2021-05-04 01:50:43.320 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable   ended with an exception: 

2021-05-04 02:20:05.865 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

2021-05-05 20:48:42.488 [WARN ] [e.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool] - 

I see that it is out of memory, but I don’t know what is or why. Could it possibly be because of my logs? They have been piling up some messages but I highly doubt that this would happen so quickly.

Thanks a lot!

You need to understand the difference between memory (e.g. RAM) and storage (e.g. your SD card). Logs only really consume storage, not memory.

You’ve not supplied nearly enough information (which OH version, how did you install it, etc., which bindings are installed, etc.).

Ultimately there is a bug in your instance of openHAB that causes it to consume more and more memory until it runs out at which point openHAB crashes. The only way to fix it is to restart openHAB. There have been some memory leaks fixed recently so maybe it’s already fixed.

Ok. Thank you for your answer. I allocated more RAM to it and then it worked, but that doesn’t seem like a long-term solution, so I am happy to give you more info!

I am working with OH 3.0.2 and installed it on my rpi4 via the linux installation way on the website. I followed the tutorial for the stable releases as far as I remember. I have the bindings attached as a photo, as they are a couple. I really hope this helps!

It helps but this is something your going to have to spend some time on. First, search the forum for the other out of memory threads and verify whether or not those apply to you. If not, you’ll need to narrow down to the source of the memory leak by eliminating one binding at a time until the memory leak goes away. Once you’ve identified the binding, file an issue on that binding.

Ok. I guess I’ll do that. Thanks!

Not yet 100% certain, but I got heaps of errors in the log which I believe were memory leaks, which I believe were caused by Neato things (which I forgot to delete despite having uninstalled the Neato binding few days back).

If this rings any bell to someone, let me know, since I could help running tests.