Scheduled runnable ended with an exception

Hello,

I’m getting the following exception in my openhab.log. Maybe I’m not seeing the forest for all the trees, but I have no idea which Thing, Item, Link or Rule it is causing it. I can see it’s linked to a KNX Thing, but I have no idea which …

2022-04-06 19:57:05.486 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at tuwien.auto.calimero.device.ProcessCommunicationResponder.send(ProcessCommunicationResponder.java:256) ~[?:?]
	at tuwien.auto.calimero.device.ProcessCommunicationResponder.write(ProcessCommunicationResponder.java:249) ~[?:?]
	at tuwien.auto.calimero.device.ProcessCommunicationResponder.write(ProcessCommunicationResponder.java:226) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.sendToKNX(AbstractKNXClient.java:460) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.respondToKNX(AbstractKNXClient.java:439) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.lambda$8(DeviceThingHandler.java:297) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.withKNXType(DeviceThingHandler.java:148) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.sendGroupValueResponse(DeviceThingHandler.java:286) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.lambda$10(DeviceThingHandler.java:318) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.withKNXType(DeviceThingHandler.java:148) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.handler.DeviceThingHandler.onGroupRead(DeviceThingHandler.java:312) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient$1.lambda$1(AbstractKNXClient.java:115) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.client.AbstractKNXClient.lambda$8(AbstractKNXClient.java:258) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Can anybody help to steer me in the right direction?

When do you see this error? Only during startup, at a specific time(s) of day, randomly, etc.?

The root of the exception is coming from a third party library used by the KNX binding and it looks like it’s trying to respond to some sort of message from KNX and it’s failing with a NPE on the send.

I don’t know much about KNX but I wouldn’t think there is anything in your KNX Thing configuration that could cause this. If it persists I’d recommend creating an issue on the openhab-addons repo.

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue (same message). The message is repeated almost exactly every 15 minutes. The binding keeps working properly however.
Server:
openHAB 3.2.0
Windows 10