Schwaiger ZHS10 4 in 1 Sensor (identified as Philio PST02A Slim Multisensor) configuration not possible / Door Sensor only reacting once after initialization

Dear all,

I use the configuration mentioned beelow:

Raspberry 3 Modell B+
Raspian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) / Linux 5.10.17 -v7+
OpenHAB 3.0.1 (fresh install)
ZWAVE Binding 3.0.1
Schwaiger ZHS10 4 in 1 Sensor (identified as Philio PST02A Slim Multisensor)

Before I change to OH3, everything works well and the Sensor was fully functional. Since my change to OH3 the Door Sensor is not working, so the open/close state will only showed once on a new initialization and than never again (it works if I put a magnet to it as I hear the click of the device and the LED is switching on and off).
All other channels like Temperature, Movement, Battery etc. work without any issue.
I checked the forum to see if there is a similar issue mentioned, but I didn’t find anything.

Logs: Everytime I try to change settings, this is what the log shows:
‘’’ 2021-05-13 12:47:58.341 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - No message body writer has been found for class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableMap, ContentType: / ‘’’

I’m not sure if maybe the device is not identified properly in the database, but updating it by deleting the device, removing the Binding, stopping openHab, clean cache, start openHab and re initializing the device didn’t show any success.

It would be great if someone could provide a hint what the issue might be. I tried to solve it by myself, but I have no further ideas, especially as I’m not able to do something on the configuration as it always creates the failure messeage above.

Regards

Sven

The latest device database changes are currently only available in 3.1.0M4 and newer.

Hi, thank you for the answer, but I have an issue here, maybe I’m to stupid, but how to I lift the system to 3.1.0M4 or newer?
Complete new installation?

Regards
Sven

Bruce,

Forget about it, just realized the Milestone, Snapshot thing.

Thanks for giving me a hint in the right direction

Sven

1 Like

I changed to Milestone 3.1.0M4, but no success. All failure messages mentioned above are gone, I can change all settings, but the door sensor still shows only one time a reaction (closed to open) and since than he is quite…
Strange, I will buy a second device to test if this one is dead…

Sven

Try deleting the Thing from OH (do NOT Exclude) and Scan again to add it back to get the newer binding settings.

Did this, but no change in behaviour. It’s strange that I hear the ‘click’ but nothing in the log. As said, I will buy another device to exclude that it is broken.

Did you follow the binding documentation & enable DEBUG logging to determine what is happening?
Sometimes the log viewer can help.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply!
Was able to enable the DEBUG mode and see the zwave entries. For whatever reason I’m not able to access the log files from my windows machine. (I see the openhab machine, samba works).
When I fixed this, I will put the log file in the z-wave log viewer and see what it says.
Thanks for the help, again!

I bought a new device (same type) and this one works. For whatever reason seem the door contact broken…