Security:EXTERNAL leads to no-working OpenHAB

Hi there,
I’m using OpenHAB 1.4 on a Synologoy R812. It’s up and running as long as I dont use security:EXTERNAL. If I do so I can login to the Frontend and see/use the OpenHAB Frontend, I can click buttons for switching light on and off but they dont work --> no light is switched on. If I change back to commending out security:EXTERNAL everything works fine.
Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated!
Ciao
Uwe

My first question would be why are you using such an old version of openHAB? The current OH 1 version is 1.7.1.

To understand whether this is a problem caused by a bug in the old version verses something else going on I would recommend upgrading to 1.7.1.

Easy to answer: there was a package for my Synology which I could take and install. As I am not even a basic Linux user I have no idea how to get 1.7. installed on my Synology… :wink: If there would be a 1.7. install package I’d easily upgrade. But working in a terminal is something I never do…

But I’ll try to upgrade to 1.7.1 (I think I got an idea how to do it) and then we’ll see. Meanwhile: thanx for your reply! If I may post my upcoming problems again I’m really thankful. Happy upgrading to 1.7.1. for me now :slight_smile:

I updated to 1.7.1 and now it works. Was obviously a bug in v1.4. Thanx again.