Selecting a different sitemap in iOS OpenHAB app

I do not use sitemaps that much, opting instead for HABPanel and now Main UI, but I do maintain one sitemap that mirrors my Overview page (to an extent) for use with the OpenHAB app. I have a case where a sitemap with a few items could be useful, and my larger sitemap would not be necessary. With the ease of creating sitemaps now in Main UI, my understanding was that I could create multiple sitemaps, and then just select which sitemap I wanted in the app. Turns out that I only see my original sitemap in the app (of course labeled “Home”). I’ve tried an OpenHAB restart, setting the default in Main UI settings, and deleting/recreating secondary sitemaps (all through Main UI). Is this expected behavior or am I missing something regarding sitemaps?

I’m on 3.1

• Operating system

Linux/5.4.0-89-generic (amd64)

• Java Runtime

Ubuntu

11.0.11 (undefined)

Currently the stable release version iOS app only shows the sitemaps. In addition, there has been a long time since the last release and you might encounter some issues with features introduced with openHAB 3 such as UoM.

Having said that, there is development ongoing to support mainui in the app OH3 UI integration for iOS app by timbms · Pull Request #605 · openhab/openhab-ios · GitHub. It also seems that maintenance of the app is being picked up by others as well.

Please note that sitemaps are not related in any way with MainUI “pages”, a concept introduced with openHAB 3. This is discussed in more detail here Pages - Introduction | openHAB

Thanks for the reply, but not really my issue. I understand that Main UI pages are not related to sitemaps. I simply want to select a different sitemap in the app. I have created multiple sitemaps, but only see one in the app:

1 Like

There must be something wrong in your settings, as I see all my sitemaps

1 Like

Thanks. I dug deeper and found I had an incomplete mapping on the sitemap. Cleared that up and it showed up in the app. Pilot error…

Glad you found it.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.