Semantic Model — Door Sensor

I currently have a group created for my garage door with an equipment tag of “GarageDoor”, like below.

Group Indoor "Indoor" ["Indoor"]
Group Room_Garage "Garage" <garage> (Floor_Ground) ["Garage"]
Group Door_External_Garage "Garage Door" <garagedoor> (Room_Garage) ["GarageDoor"]

The door has a sensor on it to measure its tilt to determine open/close status. It’s unclear if the sensor’s Points should belong to the Door_External_Garage group, or if a second Equipment group should belong to the Door_External_Garage group and the sensor’s Points should belong that that?

Number:Dimensionless Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor_Battery "Battery [%d %%]" <battery> (Door_External_Garage) ["Measurement","Level"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:battery-level"
}
Contact Door_External_Garage_Sensor_State "State" (Door_External_Garage,Persist) ["OpenState"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:sensor_door"
}
Switch Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor_TamperAlarm "Tamper Alarm" (Door_External_Garage,Persist) ["Tampered"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:alarm_tamper"
}

This only makes partial sense to me, as the garage door doesn’t have a battery or tamper alarm, the sensor does.

An alternative is creating a Sensor Equipment group and having its Points belong to that group, but I don’t believe that’s correct either, and the UI for Locations doesn’t seem to update properly for the Garage Door when it’s opened/closed.

Group Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor "Garage Door" <garagedoor> (Door_External_Garage) ["Sensor"]

Number:Dimensionless Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor_Battery "Battery [%d %%]" <battery> (Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor) ["Measurement","Level"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:battery-level"
}
Contact Door_External_Garage_Sensor_State "State" (Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor) ["OpenState"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:sensor_door"
}
Switch Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor_TamperAlarm "Tamper Alarm" (Sensor_Tilt_GarageDoor) ["Tampered"] {
  channel = "zwave:eco_tiltzwave25_00_000:controller:tilt_sensor_garage_door:alarm_tamper"
}

I’m happy to include additional information or clarify anything. Thanks!

This is up to you. If it makes sens to you it is OK.

I created for doors or windows with contacts as equipment door/window and the sensor ist part of the door. So i am able to say the door/window is open/closed/tampered. Because this makes sens to me.

Windows with mor than one wing and more contacts have a special state group for the whole window to refelct its state. within the group the singe contacts are located.

I think that makes sense. I messed around some and seem to have landed on the sensor state being part of the door equipment. I then create another piece of equipment specific for the sensor that’s nested under the door equipment. This contains the battery and tamper alarm.

Hello!
Could you please give as example? It is very logical, but I’m very new in version 3 and I need some help, how to do it.
Thanks