Send text message notifications

Hello dears friends. I tell you, I am starting with the implementation of a home automation system for my house with openhab. I am looking for someone to help me with the design of a script / API so that under certain circumstances I can send a text message to one of my 4 phones. I know this is old, but sometimes I go out of the city and where I usually go there is no internet signal and we only have GSM. could you offer me an alternative solution?
Thank you

Please select and sms api gateway. Then you interact with that api using openHAB. Dose your network provider have an api you can use?

My network provider (O2 in the UK) has an email to SMS service. Once you register, all you need to do is send an email to the service gateway, which is then forwarded by SMS, charged at the normal network rate.

Works well with OpenHAB, easy to set up with rules and doesn’t need an extra contract. Might be worth seeing if your network provider offers that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.