Sending a notification when smoke is detected or test button is pushed - Heiman HS1SA

The node number is different. The rest of the ID denotes your zwave network.

1 Like

OK that’s very very odd then as ive tried to remove and add that Office one a few times and still no luck on the notifications. As soon as I use the other smoke detector it works every time.

When I press the recessed network button on the Office smoke sensor it shows as the device updated in the logs so I know ive definitely got the right smoke sensor and its attached to the right node so clearly its talking to OpenHab.

Bizarre!!

Thanks for all your help though.

1 Like

OK Finally solved it!!! and both smoke alarms are now working.

First off when I was following a tutorial on getting started with OpenHab there was a switch within the configuration to simplify the channels and what appeared. So I only saw the top level name e.g. Alarm (Smoke) and a blue circle next to it. OK I was digging around for something else and switched that option back on within the settings page. So when I was playing around I notice those Channels had arrows next to them and this allowed me to expand them. Clicking Alarm (smoke) on the lounge smoke sensor revealed three sub Linked Items as shown below.

I checked the Office Smoke Sensor and noticed under its channels only two were shown - not the one highlighted in the Lounge Smoke Sensor. So went back to the Office Smoke Detector and under Linked Items clicking the + and created a new linked channel. Making sure it was referencing node10 and it also had underscores.

So once it was created…Rebooted the Pi and Bingo!! Im now getting notifications from both smoke sensors.

Success!!! :star_struck:

OK OpenHab is a bitch! but im still loving it :hugs:

The items and rules files remain unchanged as per above.

1 Like

Hi Nate,
I have bought the same detector as well, but I don’t get them connected to OH.
How did you paired them?